What's the best way to revise for English Lit? (A-level)

Watch this thread
Jas.acs
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hello everyone, I'm going into year 13 and was just wondering if anyone had any useful exam tips for English Literature as it's a bit of an odd one to revise for and I'm not sure I'm revising in the most efficient way!
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
essay practice and essay plans i found the most effective ways to revise i also did make mindmaps for characters and themes though and revised off these- the difficulty though was not overloading the page with too much info as i felt like i could have put an infinite amount of stuff on there :lol: it's all about balance
for the shakespeare play i'd recommend making a mindmap of each scene (so one for act 1, scene 1, one for act 1, scene 2 etc) where you note key events and have brief analysis of characters and their actions as well as motifs and themes
Jas.acs
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by absolutelysprout)
essay practice and essay plans i found the most effective ways to revise i also did make mindmaps for characters and themes though and revised off these- the difficulty though was not overloading the page with too much info as i felt like i could have put an infinite amount of stuff on there :lol: it's all about balance
for the shakespeare play i'd recommend making a mindmap of each scene (so one for act 1, scene 1, one for act 1, scene 2 etc) where you note key events and have brief analysis of characters and their actions as well as motifs and themes
That's very helpful advice I'll definitely make sure to do that, thank you so much!!
SupposedlyIronic
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Essay plans, practice essays, and just get to know the texts really well.
absolutelysprout
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Jas.acs)
That's very helpful advice I'll definitely make sure to do that, thank you so much!!
no worries, english lit i found to be my hardest a level so i wish you the best of luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (40)
26.32%
As I expected (49)
32.24%
Harder (56)
36.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.61%

Watched Threads