Harv616
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by littlemisshala)
Yep....talk to me...whats up? It doesnt matter if it takes all night
yeh ignor the rest of us lol :rolleyes:

just psot your problems (if u want) or pm people, and im sure we will help how we can. :hello:
saturn
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by BhArJ)
Whats up?
im just depressed with uni and ive only been going for 6 months (well ive missed quite a few weeks) i live at home and am just sick of the same routine, get up at 12.00, go to uni, get home come on the internet (occasionally go out with a mate or something) but its all i do (like a saddo)
if i quit id have no other plans cause uni is all i have going for me!
that just about explains it all apart from the anxiety (which is probably why i don't get out :p: )

cheers for listening (if uve read it)
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by saturn)
im just depressed with uni and ive only been going for 6 months (well ive missed quite a few weeks) i live at home and am just sick of the same routine, get up at 12.00, go to uni, get home come on the internet (occasionally go out with a mate or something) but its all i do (like a saddo)
that just about explains it all apart from the anxiety (which is probably why i don't get out :p: )

lol sounds like me last year. I was at college, skipped loads of it because it just bored me. Then i just gave up half way thru and worked for my parents. Now im back at college and doing ok(ish). Ok well it sounds like me now to lol.

I have no idea what im going to do after college because i dont no if i will get the grades to get in2 any decent unis because im not that smart (iv never gotten above a B....).

What subject are you takeing? maybe its the wrong thing your takeing which bores u? and i think you need to get out and have a little fun in your life on the week end.
Wild Thing
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
join my club babe!!! I'm bored out of life...You're damn lucky to be home..I'll have to go to eng this Sept and live all by myself..away from my family. THat means ill miss my brother's bringing up (he's only 6 ) and I'll loose my really close relationship with him and my sist. Im also scared he'll prefer her to me I'm gona get sooo home sick
Now i'm in my last ****ing year of my a-levels. I have sooo much work it's amazing..I have so much that I just sit and complain about it and don't do anything. Now it's sunday and here In Spain it's 23:35 and I have 4 essays to write, 2 pages of P-3 to do and I have 3 translations to do...and what am i doing? NOTHING!!
I hate life...PM me for anything...If you'd do sports it really helps AND you make friends. I used to do 4 hours of tennis per day but had to stop coz of the amount of stupid work...that's life for you babe.
Mushu
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Its just the begininng really....things can only get better. Does it matter if its all the same routine everyday? Its like that with me and practically EVERYONE I know! Do you have any ambitions/goals in life? This is what you should be working towards, this is why you go to uni and should carry on with it. If your fed up sweetie, try something new. For example go to the cinema tomorrow with someone, go iceskating, shopping etc Listen to some good music to help you relax, pamper yourself. Do whatever it takes to make you feel good/happy inside. What is ityou enjoy most? Maybe learn a new skill? Its all about if you're willing to change. If you're willing to change ur lifestyle to enjoy ur life more at the moment. There are many others like you, so you're not alone...wish you the best...and hope Ive helped in someway.

p.s. Be happy...no point being sad
Wild Thing
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BhArJ)
and i think you need to get out and have a little fun in your life on the week end.
Yeah go dancing (Brazilian music is the best for cheering up people - and im NOT saying that just coz im brazilian hehehe)
and do sports
saturn
Rep:
?
(Original post by BhArJ)
lol sounds like me last year. I was at college, skipped loads of it because it just bored me. Then i just gave up half way thru and worked for my parents. Now im back at college and doing ok(ish). Ok well it sounds like me now to lol.

I have no idea what im going to do after college because i dont no if i will get the grades to get in2 any decent unis because im not that smart (iv never gotten above a B....).

What subject are you takeing? maybe its the wrong thing your takeing which bores u? and i think you need to get out and have a little fun in your life on the week end.
hey B is good! im sure u'll get the grades mate, im doing psychology which i found really interesting at college and it probably is at uni too if i actually can be bothered to read the stuff lol. i originally started doing sports science but changed to psychology since i think it will give me better carrer options, although id still like a career in sport (dunno how it can be managed but still...lol) i think part of the reason i wanna do sport is ive heard people into sport dont get depressed (im not sure about coaches/gym workers etc though)

anyway your right i do need to get out more but the people i talk to at uni live in halls and have their own gangs etc and i live too far away really to go out with them etc (gues u can call me a loner) :bebored:
topdude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
get a job
caffecooki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
just remember, nothing ever stays the same
hope it gets better for u soon
streetsdisciple
Report 14 years ago
live life every day differently. 2mrw morning wake up, take your savings and drift around the world, earning money to survive whilst enjoying life. forget routine it only leads to depression. go out there meet someone and never look back, its the only way!!!
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hey B is good! im sure u'll get the grades mate, im doing psychology which i found really interesting at college and it probably is at uni too if i actually can be bothered to read the stuff lol. i originally started doing sports science but changed to psychology since i think it will give me better carrer options, although id still like a career in sport (dunno how it can be managed but still...lol) i think part of the reason i wanna do sport is ive heard people into sport dont get depressed (im not sure about coaches/gym workers etc though)

anyway your right i do need to get out more but the people i talk to at uni live in halls and have their own gangs etc and i live too far away really to go out with them etc (gues u can call me a loner) :bebored:
lol thanks

hmmmm i think people who do sports dont get depressed because they always have somthing to do when they are bored and they are basicly fitter (fitter people get less stressed, so less depressed.......psy classes finaly payed off for somthing!). So maybe you could join a gym or somthing? it could help you meet new people to.

and i dont have that many friends either, so im normaly on the net talking to the close 1s i do have lol. Lifes a ***** :bebored:
saturn
Rep:
?
(Original post by lessthanthree)
Maybe it's just been a little hard for you to adjust. I don't know if six months is enough to get acclimatised to such a big change. What is it that you don't like? course? work? people?

Why? Does that make you behind in your work?

12 O CLOCK? no wonder you're so depressed. Go out early for a walk or something...get some fresh air. Do something constructive. Waking up late like that does NOTHING for you.

It's not a "saddo" thing to do to be on the internet...you really do need to start striking a balance between the internet and real life though. Why not get some kind of hobby that'll get you out of the house, but maybe not melt your brain like internet does :p: You'll meet new people you'll want to hang out with more..you can pretty much do anything you want, from sports..to arty stuff. Or even reading a book? Simple pleasures.

I think you might regret dropping out of university if you have no backup plans. Maybe start thinking about plan B, and if the worst comes to the worst, then you can drop onto something a little more solid.

But think about the work you've put in to get to uni. Do you want that to go to waste?

If it's making you unhappy, then obviously, it's not for you..but there are a few more options that you could explore before giving up the ghost, mmkay?
wow cheers for all that, im actually a member of an athletics club and used to go often but i just don't feel like doing stuff anymore. (although i want myself to want to...if ya get me)
ive got into the terrible habit of sleeping late/going to bed late and am going to gradually get that sorted though ive nothin to do most mornings which is probably why ive become sooo lazy!
im not too bothered about missing work since ive got the notes but my main problem is im not sure whether its the course/uni thats making me depressed or my poor unsocial lifestyle lol!

i know im by far not the only one with problems so hopefully this thread will help others as much
Wild Thing
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BhArJ)
and i dont have that many friends either, so im normaly on the net talking to the close 1s i do have lol. Lifes a ***** :bebored:
awww *hugs BhArJ*
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wild thing)
awww *hugs BhArJ*
lol ermmmmmmmm thanks?
saturn
Rep:
?
(Original post by topdude)
get a job
im worried that will add to the misery , but your right i should get off my arse and do something useful. i can't ever see myself coping in a full time job!
topdude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
im worried that will add to the misery , but your right i should get off my arse and do something useful. i can't ever see myself coping in a full time job!
nah part time 4 weneva ur not at uni. that way u get 2 meet new people, and get money.

otherwise get urself a partner
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by topdude)
nah part time 4 weneva ur not at uni. that way u get 2 meet new people, and get money.

otherwise get urself a partner

When you find out how to get a partner when you dont know any1, let me in on the secret :rolleyes:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (36)
97.3%
No (1)
2.7%

Watched Threads