The Student Room Group

Counter Fraud Compliance and Debt Directorate Fraud Officer

Questions for the above role?
Counter Fraud Compliance and Debt Directorate Fraud Officer:

Anybody applied to this?
I applied a while back now and then received an email thursday to say I am being invited to interview. However it is a pre recorded interview and the email said i will receive the link shortly... I still haven't got it and im not sure if that is normal? Can anyone tell me how long it was between the email and then receiving the link? I have emailed them but no reply. Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by CharleneH87
I applied a while back now and then received an email thursday to say I am being invited to interview. However it is a pre recorded interview and the email said i will receive the link shortly... I still haven't got it and im not sure if that is normal? Can anyone tell me how long it was between the email and then receiving the link? I have emailed them but no reply. Thanks

Hi, thought I’d share my timeline. I applied for Edinburgh right before the deadline. I got an update on 7th of October that I have been successful for interview stage. On 11th of October they have sent the interview link. Hope they sent yours in the meanwhile.
Best of luck.
Original post by Unasrn
Hi, thought I’d share my timeline. I applied for Edinburgh right before the deadline. I got an update on 7th of October that I have been successful for interview stage. On 11th of October they have sent the interview link. Hope they sent yours in the meanwhile.
Best of luck.

Thank you! I also received it last night. Have you done it yet? I’m planning to do it this evening.. but worries about the questions :/ did you find it difficult?

Thanks!
Reply 5
Thank you! I also received it last night. Have you done it yet? I’m planning to do it this evening.. but worries about the questions :/ did you find it difficult?

Thanks!

That’s great to hear. I haven’t done it, I’m preparing for it now, I’m studying the Behaviours framework and making useful notes to base my examples in the interview. But the thought of Strenghts questions does make me feel a bit uncomfortable since that’s something I haven’t encountered in past interviews. Oh well, theres nothing that I can’t do and I have to remind myself of that. I will also study the behaviours dictionary to prepare for Strengths questions.
Yea this is what I need to do, prepare myself for possible questions as I’m not sure I will think wel on my feet on camera 🤣 where have you found the behaviour framework?
I’ve applied for the position in Bedford, hoping to just do part time whilst I’m studying.

Good luck!
Reply 7
Yea this is what I need to do, prepare myself for possible questions as I’m not sure I will think wel on my feet on camera 🤣 where have you found the behaviour framework?
I’ve applied for the position in Bedford, hoping to just do part time whilst I’m studying.

Good luck!

That’s good, prepare as much as possible. This is going to be a long response from me but I hope it will be useful for you and others reading this. The Civil Service Behaviours Framework can be found here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/717275/CS_Behaviours_2018.pdf
Since this role is at AO check the examples of effective behaviour at Level 1.
Remember there are two types of questions for behaviours:
1) past behavioural where you give an example of a time you have had to deliver either great customer service (managed a quality service), multiple pieces of work with competing priorities (delivered at pace), communicated information to people that did not understood something or delivered presentations where you had to adapt your communications style to ensure your audience understood your work / communicated with influence to change an opinion or persuaded someone (communicating and influencing) or a time when you used guidance, analysed information/asked colleagues for input to support decision making (making effective decisions).
So think of the things you did, state the situation, part you played in, objectives/challenges, specific action you took, how you went about, results and feedback you got (it is here you need to demonstrate your examples of effective behaviour from the framework).
2) Situational where they give you a hypothetical question if you were presented with for example a number of projects to manage - all of which had competing deadlines - how would you go about dealing with them. Again using the behaviours framework answer these questions with what you believe is effective behaviour and bring in your past examples.
As for strength I am basically making up statements in the style of situational judgement tests that we sat in the initial test of the application.
I try to come up with statements relating to each behaviour based on the strengths dictionary and then state why I like that or believe that or enjoy that. Remember they want to asses or find out what motivates you, what you like doing what makes this enjoyable, steps that would improve something in your work style etc. And most importantly they are interested in the reason behind your first response.
I checked the guidance in the video that pops out when you click on the interview invite. It said 4 behaviour questions with 30 secs to prepare and 4 minutes to record, 4 strengths questions with 5 secs to prepare and 2 minutes to record.
This is my strategy, if you have any suggestions feel free to tell me if my approach is wrong or whatever you feel.
Thanks.
That is such a useful reply thank you so much. I’m going to give myself a couple of days to prepare (as I also have university classes tomorrow) and hopefully conduct the interview on Thursday!

I wish you all the luck, sounds like you have it all very well planned out so I’m sure you will do great.

Thank you ☺️
How did you get on? I’m doing mine today.. had a hectic week!!
It feeling very confident for it but I have to submit today 😞
(edited 2 years ago)
I feel like that went quite awful 🤣 do you know when we will find out the outcome of the interviews?
Hey all I have a interview for the post above..

Anyone have any insights into the job itself such as:

Wfh
Workloads? Manageable..?
Flexi
And in general is it a good place to work etc

Cheers
Anyone know how long it takes to hear back after submitting interview?
Hi have any of you heard back from your interview? If so how long they take to get back to you.
I am in the same situation been waiting 4 weeks and they sent out a email 4 days ago saying they are still in the process of reviewing the interviews.

Very nerve wrecking time!!!
Hi. I recently applied for CFCD Fraud officer role & I am at the video interview stage.
I was hoping for some advise if anyone has gone through that stage & has been successful.. whether they can guide me what sort of questions I can expect? Any help is appreciated.. if someone wish to message me privately.. feel free to get in touch. Thank you again
Reply 15
Original post by Lexi_21
Hi. I recently applied for CFCD Fraud officer role & I am at the video interview stage.
I was hoping for some advise if anyone has gone through that stage & has been successful.. whether they can guide me what sort of questions I can expect? Any help is appreciated.. if someone wish to message me privately.. feel free to get in touch. Thank you again

Hi, how did it go? I have the same interview coming up and I'm just researching for all the information I can get.

Quick Reply

Latest