The Student Room Group

triple science

I was chosen to do triple science before covid but since my school has offered everyone the option to drop down into combined. I have high predicted grades for triple however im worried that i wont be able to handle the extra lessons and homework. I'm also doing lots of other extra curricular with means i'm quite short o ntime but im worried that if i drop down i could be closing doors... any advice would be great :smile:)
As per closing doors, I wouldn't say that's the case, since you can study singular sciences at A-Level, having obtained a double science GCSE qualification (at a 6 or higher).

That being said, if you have an aptitude for handling a high workload, and can manage the extra GCSE, do it! The course is super interesting, and there is a lot of more detailed/expanded content than combined science.

Re: time, if you have a good routine and timetable, then it is very easy to maintain a good social life/work balance. I still managed to go out, see friends, play my sports/instruments, as well as revising plenty! Best of luck
plenty of people managed to do well in triple science and balance their various hobbies etc so i don't see how you couldn't either- i don't think there's a massive difference in workload between the two courses apart from there being slightly less content in double. you wouldn't be closing any doors really though doing double as long as you meet the school's a level science requirements though it's nice having the extra gcse. at the end of the day it's up to you but if you form good habits and a routine you'd probably be okay with triple. if extracurriculars start becoming too much for you, you could temporarily take a break from it and go back to it after gcses are over.

Quick Reply

Latest