Can I Get Into a Top university to study economics or computer science without maths

Watch this thread
Veprahz
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I study chemistry, computer science and economics and has always been interested in computer science along economics. UCL has the exact course I want to do combining the two subjects. However it requires an A in maths and I did not know I needed to study maths. I’m predicted A* A A. Will it still be possible to get in?
Last edited by Veprahz; 8 months ago
BenRyan99
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Veprahz)
I study chemistry, computer science and economics and has always been interested in computer science along economics. UCL has the exact course I want to do combining the two subjects. However it requires an A in maths and I did not know I needed to study maths. I’m predicted A* A A. Will it still be possible to get in?
Well you don't meet the entry requirements so no.... Almost all top universities require maths for economics, I'm sure basically all require it for CS. The best uni you can get into for Econ without maths is Nottingham.

Surely you knew that economics and computer science were quantitative subjects, thus required maths to study?
kingben234
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Veprahz)
There are tons of good unis to apply to that do not require A level Maths

-Nottingham Uni (AAB)
-Lancaser Uni (AAB but ABB in your case)
-Leeds uni (AAA)
-QMUL (ABB)
-Uni of Liverpool
-Kent Uni
-UEA
-Loughborough (for Econ)
-Leicester Uni
There are still alot more, PLSS do your research and don't let anyone put you off from studying your dream course bc you didn't study A level Maths. Just Practice and Work on your Maths and you'll be fine. Good luck!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads