The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Chances of getting an offer with entry grades

I'm looking to study Economics and Finance. I would like to apply to Bristol university but I'm concerned I might needlessly throw away one of my university options if there is no chance that I might be given an offer.

The entry grades for this course are AAA. What is the likelihood of getting an offer with A level predicted grades AAA in Economics, Maths and Spanish? In reality do students who get offers have much higher than the entry grades? I have one extra curricular activity that will add to my UCAS points but other than that none of my other activities are included in the UCAS points calculator.

Generally what UCAS point score is required for an offer to study Economics and Finance at Bristol university.

I would also like to know if the university offers any options to continue to study Spanish alongside the graduate course - either as a joint degree or some part of my undergraduate degree, or then as an extra society or club that I could join.
Reply 1
Original post by Unister
I'm looking to study Economics and Finance. I would like to apply to Bristol university but I'm concerned I might needlessly throw away one of my university options if there is no chance that I might be given an offer.

The entry grades for this course are AAA. What is the likelihood of getting an offer with A level predicted grades AAA in Economics, Maths and Spanish? In reality do students who get offers have much higher than the entry grades? I have one extra curricular activity that will add to my UCAS points but other than that none of my other activities are included in the UCAS points calculator.

Generally what UCAS point score is required for an offer to study Economics and Finance at Bristol university.

The web page at http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/2022/economics/bsc-econ-finance/ lists the standard A-level offer as "AAA including Mathematics" -- but of course there's no guarantee of being made an offer.

The page has a "How we assess your application" link, which you might want to look at. As far as I know, Bristol will just look at A-level and GCSE grades, and doesn't make offers based on UCAS points.

I would also like to know if the university offers any options to continue to study Spanish alongside the graduate course - either as a joint degree or some part of my undergraduate degree, or then as an extra society or club that I could join.

The page I quote above has a section entitled "Course structure" -- follow the links to see how the course is structured. It doesn't look like there's an opportunity to do study outside of the course itself (except possibly in the second year, it's not entirely clear). I'd take the view that Economics and Finance is "sort-of" a joint degree already. It doesn't look like Bristol offers Economics+language, or Finance+language either.

If in doubt, perhaps contact Bristol's Admissions team to get their viewpoint.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by martin7
The web page at http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/2022/economics/bsc-econ-finance/ lists the standard A-level offer as "AAA including Mathematics" -- but of course there's no guarantee of being made an offer.

The page has a "How we assess your application" link, which you might want to look at. As far as I know, Bristol will just look at A-level and GCSE grades, and doesn't make offers based on UCAS points.

The page I quote above has a section entitled "Course structure" -- follow the links to see how the course is structured. It doesn't look like there's an opportunity to do study outside of the course itself (except possibly in the second year, it's not entirely clear). I'd take the view that Economics and Finance is "sort-of" a joint degree already. It doesn't look like Bristol offers Economics+language, or Finance+language either.

If in doubt, perhaps contact Bristol's Admissions team to get their viewpoint.

Thank you.
Original post by Unister
I'm looking to study Economics and Finance.
The entry grades for this course are AAA. What is the likelihood of getting an offer with A level predicted grades AAA in Economics, Maths and Spanish? I

Econ at Bristol is competitive, but if you have a good GCSE profile and meet the A level entry requirements in full then you have a very good chnce of an offer - apply!

Bristol Uni has 400+ Clubs and Societies - https://www.bristolsu.org.uk/activities/societies - lots to choose from.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
Econ at Bristol is competitive, but if you have a good GCSE profile and meet the A level entry requirements in full then you have a very good chnce of an offer - apply!

Bristol Uni has 400+ Clubs and Societies - https://www.bristolsu.org.uk/activities/societies - lots to choose from.

Thank you. That's helpful.
I applied with AAA predicteds for the A*AA course, received the contextual offer of AAB
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I applied with AAA predicteds for the A*AA course, received the contextual offer of AAB

Thank you. That's really helpful to know.

Hey, how long did they take to reply?
My application got put on hold, but my predicted is A*AA and the entry requirements are AAB
I applied a week before the deadline, and got an offer after like 3 weeks ish
Reply 9
I applied a week before the deadline, and got an offer after like 3 weeks ish

What was your subjects if I may ask? And did u have a strong PS lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending