UCAS Applications 2022 - What's changed?

Watch this thread
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hey everyone!

UCAS applications opened for submission yesterday, and you may not be filling out your application form. However, things may look a little different to how they did last year, or how some of the things you have seen about UCAS applications have been shown.

So, what’s changed this year in UCAS applications?

• There will be an increase to the UCAS Undergraduate application fee for the 2022 admissions cycle to £26.50 for more than one choice, or £22 for one choice. This is an overall increase of £2 for a single choice, or 50p for multiple choices.

• There’s now one place to register and sign in - you will need to register in the UCAS Hub to start your application and you’ll then use the same credentials for your entire UCAS application. This includes tracking your offers and accepting or declining places as well.

• UCAS have redesigned their application form to make it look a lot nicer! There are also smaller application sections that have been designed to make it easier to complete your application.

• You will no longer be able to use their confirmation letter as proof of your place at university or colleges. Instead, you will receive information via Track or directly from your uni or college. This could affect when you try to apply for a student bank account, which means you may need to use a student code.

How are you finding completing your UCAS application? Do you have any questions or spotted anything you're unsure about? Let us know what you need help with!
ColtTheWolf
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by StrawberryDreams)
Hey everyone!

UCAS applications opened for submission yesterday, and you may not be filling out your application form. However, things may look a little different to how they did last year, or how some of the things you have seen about UCAS applications have been shown.

So, what’s changed this year in UCAS applications?

• There will be an increase to the UCAS Undergraduate application fee for the 2022 admissions cycle to £26.50 for more than one choice, or £22 for one choice. This is an overall increase of £2 for a single choice, or 50p for multiple choices.

• There’s now one place to register and sign in - you will need to register in the UCAS Hub to start your application and you’ll then use the same credentials for your entire UCAS application. This includes tracking your offers and accepting or declining places as well.

• UCAS have redesigned their application form to make it look a lot nicer! There are also smaller application sections that have been designed to make it easier to complete your application.

• You will no longer be able to use their confirmation letter as proof of your place at university or colleges. Instead, you will receive information via Track or directly from your uni or college. This could affect when you try to apply for a student bank account, which means you may need to use a student code.

How are you finding completing your UCAS application? Do you have any questions or spotted anything you're unsure about? Let us know what you need help with!
Hi,

I've written up a personal statement but I don't want to include every section, as some sections (work experience) isn't common in what I'm studying; is there a way to apply with the usual essay style P.S?

I really like the new UCAS update, but the personal statement section throws me off and in my opinion, is hard to work with because a personal statement has always been one long essay covering multiple points, but this just makes it feel like it's broken down into too many tiny points and thus loses it's essay/statement feel.
StrawberryDreams
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by ColtTheWolf)
Hi,

I've written up a personal statement but I don't want to include every section, as some sections (work experience) isn't common in what I'm studying; is there a way to apply with the usual essay style P.S?

I really like the new UCAS update, but the personal statement section throws me off and in my opinion, is hard to work with because a personal statement has always been one long essay covering multiple points, but this just makes it feel like it's broken down into too many tiny points and thus loses it's essay/statement feel.
Hey!

Are you using the personal statement builder? This is a tool UCAS has which can help you structure your Personal Statement that splits everything into smaller sections. If you want to write your P.S like an essay and put it straight into your application, go into 'your applications' straight from the Hub homepage, scroll to the bottom and then click 'personal statement'. You can add the whole thing in there
ColtTheWolf
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by StrawberryDreams)
Hey!

Are you using the personal statement builder? This is a tool UCAS has which can help you structure your Personal Statement that splits everything into smaller sections. If you want to write your P.S like an essay and put it straight into your application, go into 'your applications' straight from the Hub homepage, scroll to the bottom and then click 'personal statement'. You can add the whole thing in there
Hahahah, so I was. My bad!

I like the new UCAS look though, the UI is much easier to use.
StrawberryDreams
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by ColtTheWolf)
Hahahah, so I was. My bad!

I like the new UCAS look though, the UI is much easier to use.
It's a bit hidden away the P.S part of the application so a totally easy one to miss! Hope that helps :yep:

Ahh glad it's easier to use - that's really good to know
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (8)
44.44%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
22.22%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
11.11%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
16.67%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise