The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Moving to Hull for Uni

Hello, I'm an Irish female living currently in Yorkshire and I'm currently considering moving to Hull for Uni due to 1) Cost of Living, 2) The teaching hospital & the recent investment in the health and social care sector at the uni.

Can anyone give me their own experience, what the campus is like and what Hull is like to live in?

Any other tips like areas to look for accomodation - thank you!
Original post by Stbohercom
Hello, I'm an Irish female living currently in Yorkshire and I'm currently considering moving to Hull for Uni due to 1) Cost of Living, 2) The teaching hospital & the recent investment in the health and social care sector at the uni.

Can anyone give me their own experience, what the campus is like and what Hull is like to live in?

Hi! I'm going to the University of Hull this year. I've visited the campus on an open day and its really nice.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hiya Stbohercom,

The cost of living is quite cheap in Hull. I moved from Sheffield two years ago and can notice a difference when you go out for meals and have drinks with friends.

The campus is all on one site which is easy access for all lectures, the library and the local shop. There is a lot of nice places to eat on campus with different food ranges and an onsite nightclub. If you want to come and visit you can book on to do so at https://www.hull.ac.uk/choose-hull/study-at-hull/visit-us/open-days.

There is accommodation on the university campus. There is a link at the bottom which shows you the different accommodation that is on offer. There is an email and phone number on this website so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Most students like to keep close to the the university campus so there are many shared housing facilities on nearby streets close to the university.

I hope this helps!
Many Thanks

Samara
Student Ambassador
https://www.hull.ac.uk/choose-hull/student-life/accommodation?gclid=CjwKCAjwvuGJBhB1EiwACU1AiQK2gI7ENb4MO_RFxjj9nB0R3nWQHo-h_QdsBCXDJkqXiYURM3zAYBoC83YQAvD_BwE&utm_campaign=Hull+New+Students+2020&utm_medium=ppc&utm_source=adwords&utm_term=hull%20university%20accommodation
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3

Hi, if you’re looking for off campus accom (2022-2023) I’m looking for a replacement for my room as I no longer need it anymore. It’s a 6 bed (3 boys and 2 girls are the other housemates), 2 bath, £97 p/w all bills included. The room is upstairs, facing towards the street. It’s really convenient as it’s a less than 10 minute walk to the uni, 5 mins away from the local supermarket, a bus stop is right outside and it’s in a really safe area, with a fair few amount of students living on the same street too. Reply to this post for further details, the link to the house is down below so you can view the house. I’m looking forward to hearing from anyone!!!

www.simplystudents.com/49wel

Quick Reply

Latest