Sexual Health Week 13th September - 19th September 2021

Watch this thread
Poll: Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?
Yes (370)
84.09%
No (70)
15.91%
Pink Unicorn
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
We believe in a society where all young people are free to be themselves, and we know the education they receive at school plays a vital role in that.

The guidance to relationships and sex education has had a delayed introduction due to the pandemic.

From September, all schools and colleges are expected to have their updated curriculum in place. Therefore, all teachers and school staff will need to be up to date with their knowledge of the syllabus.

What do you think of the RSE for all secondary school pupils? What do you hope is included in your RSE curriculum? Let us know below!
Last edited by Pink Unicorn; 10 months ago
username4460622
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
Yes but it needs to be more comprehensive than it is now.
matthew.britt12
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
I just think that all schools, regardless of religious affiliation should be made to teach sex ed in an equal standard to all other schools. I went to a catholic school and the standard of sex ed in hindsight was rather disappointing. It lacked a lot of information, especially about contraception due to the religious beliefs of the school.
some1 - 123
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
it should be optional for the students
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Its more a question of where do you draw the line.

Sexual education & reproduction needs to be taught as part of a basic understanding of human biology, and I think their is a practical benefit to covering safe sex/contraceptives etc. Relationships as a topic are much harder to define, this is very ambiguous as to what this means I would want clarification as to what the curriculum for this would entail.

But where the line should be & what age you learn what is a difficult question and their is no clear consensus, but id say the majority of society should agree with the syllabus and its about trying to find the line where say 70% of people think this seems right.
Last edited by mnot; 10 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (29)
17.68%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (41)
25%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (85)
51.83%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (9)
5.49%

Watched Threads