The Student Room Group

Year 13 is so overwhelming!!

I'm in my second week of Y13 and I am finding it impossible to cope. I take bio chem and maths and the workload(esp for maths) is insane! I get minimum 2 exercises of maths per day with each exercise taking me 2 hours. I feel like I'm spending so much time on maths and then falling behind in chem and bio. We have a test on all of AS pure next week so whilst prepping for that I have fallen behind. I just can't seem to keep up. I have no free time I feel like a machine just churning maths problems all day. I come home stressed every single day. I'm aiming for AAA and i got AAB at the end of AS (B in chem). I just feel so scared.

Most of my DS lessons I do maths and I get home and finish the maths. I am mentally exhausted its the second week and am so afraid of burn out. I feel like im being almost unproductive because the brain fog maybe overworking but when I dont work i feel immense guilt

I don't even know why I'm making this post. I hope it can help anyone who's going through something similar
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by cupcake4546
I'm in my second week of Y13 and I am finding it impossible to cope. I take bio chem and maths and the workload(esp for maths) is insane! I get minimum 2 exercises of maths per day with each exercise taking me 2 hours. I feel like I'm spending so much time on maths and then falling behind in chem and bio. We have a test on all of AS pure next week so whilst prepping for that I have fallen behind. I just can't seem to keep up. I have no free time I feel like a machine just churning maths problems all day. I come home stressed every single day. I'm aiming for AAA and i got AAB at the end of AS (B in chem). I just feel so scared.

Most of my DS lessons I do maths and I get home and finish the maths. I am mentally exhausted its the second week and am so afraid of burn out. I feel like im being almost unproductive because the brain fog maybe overworking but when I dont work i feel immense guilt

I don't even know why I'm making this post. I hope it can help anyone who's going through something similar

Yeah, I get what you mean. I'm going into the first year of uni now, and I remember how last year was very stressful! Maybe you should think about why maths is engulfing the majority of your time and energy? Getting a tutor could perhaps help you with this, or maybe getting a revision guide for your exam board. There are some YouTubers, e.g. Harvey Frederick, who explain the best way of revising, which could be applicable to all your A levels. This might help you feel more productive and efficient. Hope this helps :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by cupcake4546

I just did bio maths and chem, my advice is to keep on top of it as soon as possible, start bashing LATEST January. I started in March and literally almost died from stress, out of them all biology’s content - Maths being huge + really hard - Chemistry’s really high grade boundaries are just soul destroying.
Original post by nnth
Yeah, I get what you mean. I'm going into the first year of uni now, and I remember how last year was very stressful! Maybe you should think about why maths is engulfing the majority of your time and energy? Getting a tutor could perhaps help you with this, or maybe getting a revision guide for your exam board. There are some YouTubers, e.g. Harvey Frederick, who explain the best way of revising, which could be applicable to all your A levels. This might help you feel more productive and efficient. Hope this helps :smile:

thank you for the reply. i talked to my parents and they calmed me down. i just have to push through these 9 months or so
Hi have you done ur maths test? If yes can you please help me with the questions.
Every 'step up' always feel difficult to start with - you will get used to this and you will start to enjoy the new challenges, promise.
The whole point of A levels is to stretch you beyond GCSE and prepare you for Uni study - this will take two years so don't panic.
If you need help, talk to your teachers about the areas you find difficult - they are there to help, thats their job.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest