The Student Room Group

Applying to medical school

Hi there, I did my UCAT about a week ago and ended up with what might be quite an average/below average result:
total score: 2490, (VR 600, DM 620, QR 660, AR 610) and, annoyingly, band 3.
I have pretty good GCSEs:
Biology A*
French A
Business A
Chemistry 9
Physics 9
Geography 9
English language 8
Maths 8
English literature 7
Art 7,
My IB scores were: 43/45 (doing a gap year that's why I know)
Higher levels: Biology 7, Chemistry 7, Psychology 7
Standard levels: French 7, English literature 7, Mathematics applications 6,
Extended essay: B,
TOK: B,
I've done some research myself but am unsure about where to apply, I've been told it's been quite a hard UCAT year, meaning my UCAT score should hopefully be a solid average. It would be great if anyone could advise me on some universities to apply to for medicine?

Thank u!
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi! You should post your stats into "Which medical school should I apply to?" and volunteers will help :smile:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6679038&p=95851174&page=395#post95851174

But from what I am aware of you could try Keele/Sunderland if you have good material for their R&R form
Plymouth had a UCAT cutoff of 2400 last year but predicted grades needed to be A*AA (I'm not sure about IB sorry)
ARU and Aston are usually quite low (i don't know last years cutoff)
Hope this helps haha!
Reply 2
Original post by goldensky
Hi! You should post your stats into "Which medical school should I apply to?" and volunteers will help :smile:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6679038&p=95851174&page=395#post95851174

But from what I am aware of you could try Keele/Sunderland if you have good material for their R&R form
Plymouth had a UCAT cutoff of 2400 last year but predicted grades needed to be A*AA (I'm not sure about IB sorry)
ARU and Aston are usually quite low (i don't know last years cutoff)
Hope this helps haha!

Oh that's great! Thanks a lot, I'll look into it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending