The Student Room Group

Do you have more lessons going from AS-Levels to A-Levels in second year?

Hi I'm wondering if in the second year, you get more lessons. My college reccomends people to take four in the first year and go to three in the second. I don't get my timetable till next week so wondered if anyone with any experience knows. I had 3 1.5 hour lessons last year each week for each of my four subjects. Wondering whether then this year it'll be just for the three or whether I'll get an extra lesson or something. Any questions please ask,

Cheers and have a nice day,
Jack
Original post by dezaccorah
Hi I'm wondering if in the second year, you get more lessons. My college reccomends people to take four in the first year and go to three in the second. I don't get my timetable till next week so wondered if anyone with any experience knows. I had 3 1.5 hour lessons last year each week for each of my four subjects. Wondering whether then this year it'll be just for the three or whether I'll get an extra lesson or something. Any questions please ask,

Cheers and have a nice day,
Jack

My school changed the timetables cos of covid so there'd be less people on site but besides that there was no change, ur school must be different :smile:
I guess u'll find out next week
Reply 2
Original post by spectrum84
My school changed the timetables cos of covid so there'd be less people on site but besides that there was no change, ur school must be different :smile:
I guess u'll find out next week

Thanks, by the way are you taking A-Levels at your school and are you in second year? If you are how many hours were you doing for them last and this year per subject. Is that the same right?
Thanks, by the way are you taking A-Levels at your school and are you in second year? If you are how many hours were you doing for them last and this year per subject. Is that the same right?

I finished year 13 this year
For year 12 we had 4hour 30 mins per lesson per week and in year 13 it was 4 hours per lesson, split into 2 hour blocks. About half an hour less but that was only cos of COVID :smile:
Reply 4
I finished year 13 this year
For year 12 we had 4hour 30 mins per lesson per week and in year 13 it was 4 hours per lesson, split into 2 hour blocks. About half an hour less but that was only cos of COVID :smile:

Ahh awesome thanks, that helps :biggrin: Sorry I keep pestering, but can I ask did you ever have a day free in your timetable (like where you didn't have to go to college) , and how many subjects did you do in your first and then second year?

Spoiler

Ahh awesome thanks, that helps :biggrin: Sorry I keep pestering, but can I ask did you ever have a day free in your timetable (like where you didn't have to go to college) , and how many subjects did you do in your first and then second year?

Spoiler

No I never got a single day free :frown:
Most of my friends did I had loads of free periods instead.
I did 4 in year 12 and kept those 4 throughout year 13, I wouldn't recommend it at all
Reply 6
No I never got a single day free :frown:
Most of my friends did I had loads of free periods instead.
I did 4 in year 12 and kept those 4 throughout year 13, I wouldn't recommend it at all

Ahh I see, that's unlucky :frown: Thanks so much for answering all my questions and I hope all is going well now

Quick Reply

Latest