Access to HE LearnDirect - no draft allowed after unit 9?

Watch
Kaz8182
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi,

Currently doing my access to HE health professionals with LearnDirect and have just submitted unit 10 draft for feedback - however tutor has advised that you cannot submit a draft after unit 9 - is this correct?

I’ve looked through the handbook but I can’t see anything relating to it other than the assignment brief will say if you can’t submit a draft and having checked that I cannot see anything to say I can’t - feeling a little short changed as now even less support than before 😢

Thanks
pcasey079
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
Hi,

Did you find out the answer to this as I have just been told the same?!
pcasey079
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Hi,

I have noticed on previous units that it advises draft submissions are allowed, however on my unit 10 this statement is not there! I believe it should be made clearer at the start.
Kaz8182
Rep:
(Original post by pcasey079)
Hi,

I have noticed on previous units that it advises draft submissions are allowed, however on my unit 10 this statement is not there! I believe it should be made clearer at the start.
Yes I’ve noticed the same and really disappointed that this isn’t made clearer before you sign up with them. Whilst I’ve been fortunate enough to get fairly good marks so far, it was always nice to have someone look over your work before submitting and the feedback given was minimal anyway 🥴 feel a bit cheated
pcasey079
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Kaz8182)
Yes I’ve noticed the same and really disappointed that this isn’t made clearer before you sign up with them. Whilst I’ve been fortunate enough to get fairly good marks so far, it was always nice to have someone look over your work before submitting and the feedback given was minimal anyway 🥴 feel a bit cheated
I agree, I've done well so far but this has been down to have my drafts looked at first, as you said my feedback was minimal but useful. I'm just bothered as I have currently had distinctions so far but I think I only got this due to tweaking after feedback! Like you feel cheated, good luck with the rest of your course.
Kaz8182
Rep:
I agree, I've done well so far but this has been down to have my drafts looked at first, as you said my feedback was minimal but useful. I'm just bothered as I have currently had distinctions so far but I think I only got this due to tweaking after feedback! Like you feel cheated, good luck with the rest of your course.
Snap! What course are you doing? I’m hoping to become a mature student for children’s nursing next September all being well 🤞🏻
pcasey079
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Snap! What course are you doing? I’m hoping to become a mature student for children’s nursing next September all being well 🤞🏻
Midwifery, hoping to start uni next year as...mature student! Fingers crossed for us both!
Kaz8182
Rep:
Midwifery, hoping to start uni next year as...mature student! Fingers crossed for us both!
Aw good luck! Fingers crossed for both of us!
Nicolebottger
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I’m currently doing the access he midwifery with learn direct and stuck on the health and well-being unit. I really struggle to find my own sources and put into my own words without plagiarising ! I’m hoping to really crack on and get my units done in time to apply to start uni next year but I’m so stuck !
Kaz8182
Rep:
(Original post by Nicolebottger)
I’m currently doing the access he midwifery with learn direct and stuck on the health and well-being unit. I really struggle to find my own sources and put into my own words without plagiarising ! I’m hoping to really crack on and get my units done in time to apply to start uni next year but I’m so stuck !
What unit is that? I’m doing the health professionals access course as wasn’t sure what field I wanted to go into when I started but I know some of the units are the same x
Nicolebottger
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
What unit is that? I’m doing the health professionals access course as wasn’t sure what field I wanted to go into when I started but I know some of the units are the same x
Unit 4! Health and well-being! Xx
emking1401
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey, apologies for jumping on a seemingly unrelated post but I'm trying to complete the health and wellbeing module question 2 a table containing 3 factors negatively impacting wellbeing and how to limit these factors and I'm so confused. I'm wondering if you've done this module and if you'd possibly be able to offer some examples of factors I'm not sure if they're looking for poor nutrition, bad sleep, social isolation etc or if they're looking for life events, ACE's etc and the course material is ambiguous at best. Also are we able to ask the tutors such things, I'm really not sure. :X Thanks in advance for any advice.
Kaz8182
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by emking1401)
Hey, apologies for jumping on a seemingly unrelated post but I'm trying to complete the health and wellbeing module question 2 a table containing 3 factors negatively impacting wellbeing and how to limit these factors and I'm so confused. I'm wondering if you've done this module and if you'd possibly be able to offer some examples of factors I'm not sure if they're looking for poor nutrition, bad sleep, social isolation etc or if they're looking for life events, ACE's etc and the course material is ambiguous at best. Also are we able to ask the tutors such things, I'm really not sure. :X Thanks in advance for any advice.
Sorry I don’t seem to have a health and well-being module so I can’t help with this one - are you able to ask your tutor for some guidance?
caitolivia
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by emking1401)
Hello im doing this module right now! How did you get on with it? im so confused and can you offer any advice on answers
Gemmmma1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey,I've completed this unit and passed. I put life events for the factors and things like sleep exercise etc for the strategies. Go to websites such as headspace and MHF for some good ideas.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (32)
9.88%
Okay (94)
29.01%
A bit lacking (118)
36.42%
Not good at all (80)
24.69%

Watched Threads