Picking A levels

Watch this thread
Undercover025
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Year 12 just started few weeks back and I chose arts maths and business but I’m planning to drop maths and take eco business arts instead but I have no idea about eco... I did get an A* in GCSE business but I don’t think that’s as helpful. I am quite passionate about getting into design but I also have an interest in pursuing a business management degree. It is not a usual combination of A levels but would it matter for universities or not?
Royal Agricultural University
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
Hello,

I study the International Business Management degree at the RAU, at our university we accept any 3 A levels. For example I took Business, Law and Psychology. That is great that you are studying business A level because that will be really helpful with your business degree if you do decide to choose that option. Also, well done for getting an A* at GCSE, that is brilliant.

Hope this is helpful.

Lauren
Royal Agricultural University Rep
Cirxxbabz
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Undercover025)
Year 12 just started few weeks back and I chose arts maths and business but I’m planning to drop maths and take eco business arts instead but I have no idea about eco... I did get an A* in GCSE business but I don’t think that’s as helpful. I am quite passionate about getting into design but I also have an interest in pursuing a business management degree. It is not a usual combination of A levels but would it matter for universities or not?
Combination doesn’t matter
It’s good ur doing business (I did business a level too and now gonna do Management at uni! )
Ur passionate bout design, then go for it!
And art, u definite on that? I’m not saying anything but isn’t it similar to design?? Sorry I don’t know bout both these subjects

But still a good combo is art, design and business
?
Undercover025
Rep:
(Original post by Cirxxbabz)
Combination doesn’t matter
It’s good ur doing business (I did business a level too and now gonna do Management at uni! )
Ur passionate bout design, then go for it!
And art, u definite on that? I’m not saying anything but isn’t it similar to design?? Sorry I don’t know bout both these subjects

But still a good combo is art, design and business
?
Art and design is one whole A level subject. I’m taking business art and economics now. I just was confused if the combination was unusual but thank you for telling me!!
Last edited by Undercover025; 8 months ago
nicoziel
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
i wouldn’t do business and econ together if i were you bc unis don’t like that combination as its too similar unfortunately:/ why don’t you want to do maths?
AmIReallyHere
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
As said above... economics and business being taken together can be looked at as one A-Level because there is so much overlap
Cirxxbabz
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Art and design is one whole A level subject. I’m taking business art and economics now. I just was confused if the combination was unusual but thank you for telling me!!
I was going to say this before 😬….
Business and econ , idly there’s lots of talk bout that combo not rlly being appealing since both r like the same subjects. While I was in college, there were actually alot of ppl doing both business and econ and I was like wow because u k they r very similar

Idk if doing business and econ together gives u any disadvantage or is looked over on…
Undercover025
Rep:
(Original post by nicoziel)
i wouldn’t do business and econ together if i were you bc unis don’t like that combination as its too similar unfortunately:/ why don’t you want to do maths?
I always thought the combination was great as I saw a lot of people taking them together. I personally struggled in maths and I don’t think I would be able to score good grades overall with maths and the rest of my subjects. I also spoke with my career counselor in school, she said eco business arts is a good combination for me if I want to go for business management or to the designing field.
Cirxxbabz
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
I always thought the combination was great as I saw a lot of people taking them together. I personally struggled in maths and I don’t think I would be able to score good grades overall with maths and the rest of my subjects. I also spoke with my career counselor in school, she said eco business arts is a good combination for me if I want to go for business management or to the designing field.
Ok then I guess go for it! 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (64)
15.76%
The paper was reasonable (199)
49.01%
Not feeling great about that exam... (101)
24.88%
It was TERRIBLE (42)
10.34%

Watched Threads