optom108
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Contemplating quitting my pre reg optometrist year. It’s something I’m not enjoying, don’t think I’ve ever been so unhappy. Just wondered if anyone was in the same position if so what did you end up doing
opto_101
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by optom108)
Contemplating quitting my pre reg optometrist year. It’s something I’m not enjoying, don’t think I’ve ever been so unhappy. Just wondered if anyone was in the same position if so what did you end up doing
omg same! i just started and i just know this aint for me
optom108
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by opto_101)
omg same! i just started and i just know this aint for me
How’s it going for you now? My supervisor is being really helpful by saying he’ll sit in on my tests and support me till I tell him he doesn’t need to but it hasn’t helped. I still don’t like it
Last edited by optom108; 8 months ago
opto_101
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by optom108)
How’s it going for you now? My supervisor is being really helpful by saying he’ll sit in on my tests and support me till I tell him he doesn’t need to but it hasn’t helped. I still don’t like it
Same, im getting used to it now, but i still dont enjoy it lol, i just find it boring if ygm? idk maybe its just pre-reg
opto_101
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Wbu hows it going for you?

Same, im getting used to it now, but i still dont enjoy it lol, i just find it boring if ygm? idk maybe its just pre-reg
Optom786786
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Preg optom here too from Manchester.. on stage 2 can't lie I'm still struggling, I only test once a week if I'm lucky otherwise I'm getting used as shop floor.. really hating it.
opto_101
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Optom786786)
Preg optom here too from Manchester.. on stage 2 can't lie I'm still struggling, I only test once a week if I'm lucky otherwise I'm getting used as shop floor.. really hating it.
Awh man, im sorry to hear that! have you asked for more testing time?? try and move patients from your supervisors clinics to yours so that you can try and get more testing time!
optom108
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Same, im getting used to it now, but i still dont enjoy it lol, i just find it boring if ygm? idk maybe its just
Wbu hows it going for you?
Think I’m getting used to it now too because I’ve been in the test room everyday I’m in for past month. I don’t mind as much
optom108
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by Optom786786)
Ahh that’s annoying have you asked your supervisor to let you test more in the week ? You must be doing something right though if you’ve gotten to stage 2 now ☺️
Optom786786
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Awh man, im sorry to hear that! have you asked for more testing time?? try and move patients from your supervisors clinics to yours so that you can try and get more testing time!
Still once a week. I keep asking for more days but no luck.. waiting to finish stage 2.. how you guys getting along?
FatsR
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Tips to surviving stage 1 ? How do you manage to see all that you need by then ? Even the ones I have seen I feel like are not up to the standard. When I go through notes by people who help understand stage 1 , I feel like I’m far off from how perfect they say our cases have to be. It’s getting too much to handle! Been breaking down every week worrying about the visit, and I’m only in stage 1 about to sit visit 2
opto_101
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by FatsR)
Tips to surviving stage 1 ? How do you manage to see all that you need by then ? Even the ones I have seen I feel like are not up to the standard. When I go through notes by people who help understand stage 1 , I feel like I’m far off from how perfect they say our cases have to be. It’s getting too much to handle! Been breaking down every week worrying about the visit, and I’m only in stage 1 about to sit visit 2
honestly you just have to be perfect with your records and be able to explain and back up with evidence why you did or didn't do certain tests. Management has to be on point and any follow ups need to be recorded too. The do really scrutinise your rescord. And with pre-reg honestly i am struggling too, idk how people get through this?
opto_101
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How is everyone else doing with pre-reg? This year has put me right off, i hate it so much. Honestly couldn't of picked a worse career.
Optom786786
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
stage 1 was useless - felt like i learnt nothing - my assessor was probably lenient lmfao. i resat stage 2 twice and man it really developed my thought process, thinking and mindset, so dont worry if youre struggling at stage 1, it'll probably make u better for stage 2
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (39)
26.71%
As I expected (47)
32.19%
Harder (53)
36.3%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.79%

Watched Threads