Relationships: Best way to ask? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Snowfall
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
What is the best way to ask someone if they are officially your boyfriend or not??..I can't seem to word it right. Sounds stupid however I write it..I don't want to sound stupid, however, I don't want to sound like I'm being too forward.
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Try and kiss them, see what happens? Or if you want to be more subtle put your arm around them and see what reaction you get.
cheesecakebobby
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Steal their diary.
Snowfall
Rep:
?
(Original post by G4ry)
Try and kiss them, see what happens? Or if you want to be more subtle put your arm around them and see what reaction you get.
Ok I should've filled you guys in a bit more eh. He is not here - he's at a different uni. I know he likes me and he knows I like him. We talked about it before but didn't get a chance to see each other. He was here the other day and there was kissing but I don't know if he thinks we are together or not.

Thanks for your help!
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You dont really ask, it sort of just happens I guess.
Snowfall
Rep:
?
(Original post by Everdawn)
You dont really ask, it sort of just happens I guess.
Well I kinda just wanna know if he does want to be in a relationship/whether he thinks he is already in one
Natalie Lane
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
maybe casually mention someone else's interest in you and see his reaction... posessive? encouraging?
kingslaw
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Snowfall)
What is the best way to ask someone if they are officially your boyfriend or not??..I can't seem to word it right. Sounds stupid however I write it..I don't want to sound stupid, however, I don't want to sound like I'm being too forward.
Start from the general then into the specifics. Start off asking whether he's gay. Then ask whether he wants you.

Subtletys the key.
Jump
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kingslaw)
Start from the general then into the specifics. Start off asking whether he's gay. Then ask whether he wants you.

Subtletys the key.
Lol
...I think you should tell him not ask him.
Snowfall
Rep:
?
(Original post by kingslaw)

Subtletys the key.
Well I know he is not gay and I know he wants me, but what I don't know is if he wants to be in a relationship/if he thinks he is already in a relationship

for example: "Are we going out?" -but in a less primary school way!
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well I know he is not gay and I know he wants me, but what I don't know is if he wants to be in a relationship/if he thinks he is already in a relationship

just ask him what he wants from your relationship? friendship or something more..

say you are confused and don't know how to act around him

just say what you are saying now
Snowfall
Rep:
?
(Original post by MattG)
just ask him what he wants from your relationship? friendship or something more..

say you are confused and don't know how to act around him

just say what you are saying now

Cheers Matt.
Snowfall
Rep:
?
Ok. So:

I need to ask you something. What are we? Are we in a relationship? Or is it a friendship..and if it is a friendship, do you want more?

Does that sound too confusing?..
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
"Are you officialy my boyfriend?"
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ok. So:

I need to ask you something. What are we? Are we in a relationship? Or is it a friendship..and if it is a friendship, do you want more?

Does that sound too confusing?..
yeah but you are...its going to be weird lol

i think it doesnt matter what you say...as long as you get across that you are confused (dont worry about this!) and your feelings, i wouldnt wait and see what his feelings for you are, just say you really like him and would prefer if you were in a relationship (if u feel that way)

too late for this...i should be in bed !! lol
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
how do you make it official? do you need permission from the queen?
Snowfall
Rep:
?
(Original post by MattG)
yeah but you are...its going to be weird lol

i think it doesnt matter what you say...as long as you get across that you are confused (dont worry about this!) and your feelings, i wouldnt wait and see what his feelings for you are, just say you really like him and would prefer if you were in a relationship (if u feel that way)

too late for this...i should be in bed !! lol
Ok then..:
"can I ask you something? because I am a bit confused. What are we? I mean like are we just good friends or more..? It's just we haven't really talked about it so I'm not sure what's going on."

Less confusing and weird?
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
In simpler terms, Are we together or not?
katiesado
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

based on my own personal experience if you ask them the status of your relationship in a primary school way they think it's cute and it works for me rather than trying to be smooth about it. there is no way to be smooth about it without sounding a bit scary as well. there is nothing scary about a cutely nervous girl and he will find it endearing.
bestdeceptions
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Don't say "are we going out?" or "are we together"? Might seem a bit forward if he's thinking you're just friends. However, if there's been kissing it suggests he thinks more than that. I'd say something along the lines of "what is going on between us?" or "where do you think we are?" (but as long as he doesn't think you're lost or something )
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (585)
80.25%
Leave (144)
19.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise