are there any resources for a level classical civilsation? or any resources at all??

Watch this thread
FluffyRedPanda
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
does anyone know any revision websites for classical civilisation? my teacher doesn't give any revision resources so i am kind of at a blank here :/
thanks
FluffyRedPanda
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
+ addition: i am creating a list of useful websites for classical civilsation on a google document that i am planning to make public (hopefully i dont get hacked) for those in a similar situation to me or also doing classical civilisation
tinkereleanor
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by FluffyRedPanda)
+ addition: i am creating a list of useful websites for classical civilsation on a google document that i am planning to make public (hopefully i dont get hacked) for those in a similar situation to me or also doing classical civilisation
I've just started classics and would be really interested to see the list as I can't afford the textbooks and there's nothing online
user9.60
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I'm in y13 taking classical civilisation (Odyssey, Aeneid, Imperial Image, Love and Relations) and hoping to study it at uni. I'm not the best at the subject by any means but this is what I've found over the last 18months..

Adapt which is a revision app you can get on most phones has quite a good way of splitting the subject into revisable topics
Get Revising has a lot of other students revision resources from past years which can be very helpful
For world of the hero commentaries of the text are really helpful - don't worry if the text as a whole involves Ancient Greek / Latin or is at uni standard there will still be parts of it which will be useful - pdf versions can typically be found online free
Essentially university resources - stuff written by academics (whatever comes up when you start doing some searching) will be the best - you don't have to know everything at the level of detail they go into but it's often the most accessible way of learning

For revision, essay plans will be the best thing to do

There are limited papers for the current OCR syllabus but there is a backlog due to many years of the old AQA syllabus which can be used. Alternatively, go through the syllabus and essential plan an essay for every point on the syllabus - by planning essays you will be improving your exam technique at the same time as reinforcing your knowledge.

I've got some more specific websites etc if anyone would be interested but its really all down to doing a bit of searching and seeing where you end up. I'm not the best at doing essays in exam conditions (that's where it all falls apart for me) so if anyone has any advice regarding that - it would be amazing!
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
https://www.stevenhuntclassics.com/w...7wrOWajsIPXF5A
yasminsiad23
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hii I would love if you could give some specific websites I’m currently doing classical civ at home (yr12) and I’m struggling.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by yasminsiad23)
Hii I would love if you could give some specific websites I’m currently doing classical civ at home (yr12) and I’m struggling.
see the link in the post above yours
user9.60
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by yasminsiad23)
Which topics are you doing?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (154)
41.85%
Not yet, but I will soon (68)
18.48%
No (146)
39.67%

Watched Threads