when will I get my telephone banking security number HSBC student account

Watch
AveriNova
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I've just received my card, a letter explaining my overdraft and a form that I have to sign and give into a HSBC branch but I can't do anything (i.e. activate my card) cause I haven't been given a telephone banking security number

How much longer do I have to wait I'm literally leaving in 2 weeks for Uni and I need to put my bank details onto student finance etc. ASAP
martin7
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by AveriNova)
I've just received my card, a letter explaining my overdraft and a form that I have to sign and give into a HSBC branch but I can't do anything (i.e. activate my card) cause I haven't been given a telephone banking security number

How much longer do I have to wait I'm literally leaving in 2 weeks for Uni and I need to put my bank details onto student finance etc. ASAP
It's possible the telephone banking security number will arrive in the next day or two.

What is the form for that you need to sign and give in to an HSBC branch? I suppose it's possible that nothing else can happen until you've done that.

For student finance, do you have any other bank account in your own name that you can enter for the time being? If so, you could do that and then change it to your student current account details as soon as you have them.
AveriNova
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by martin7)
It's possible the telephone banking security number will arrive in the next day or two.

What is the form for that you need to sign and give in to an HSBC branch? I suppose it's possible that nothing else can happen until you've done that.

For student finance, do you have any other bank account in your own name that you can enter for the time being? If so, you could do that and then change it to your student current account details as soon as you have them.
the form said the signature form is just so it's easier to check your id when u go into a branch and to deal with queries and stuff - I have managed to activate my card through the telephoning automated system but I still can't do online banking or anything due to not having the security number needed to make an account

I have put my details from this new card onto my student finance but the payment letter still says 'blocked' for some reason so that may be because I haven't given in my signed form yet (and won't be able to until Monday as the branches are closed on weekends) and haven't set up online banking or used my card in anyway since I don't have a pin yet either.

fingers crossed I do get my pin and security number tomorrow or Monday so I can sort everything out and stop stressing lol
keeks05
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
When I got my card, the pin and security number arrived about 3 days later - it seems a bit strange that they wouldn't send them all at the same time, but security I guess! Don't stress too much, they will be here soon
ANNIE.kp
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
what if someone finds out my telephone security number.
do I have to go to the branch to get it changed and how do I get it changed?
Last edited by ANNIE.kp; 3 months ago
AveriNova
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by ANNIE.kp)
what if someone finds out my telephone security number.
do I have to go to the branch to get it changed and how do I get it changed?
u can call them and u can set up a new one over the phone - my telephone banking security number was lost in the post and I called and they just said i could do it then and there on the phone
ANNIE.kp
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by AveriNova)
u can call them and u can set up a new one over the phone - my telephone banking security number was lost in the post and I called and they just said i could do it then and there on the phone
Thank you same
I took ur advice and called them up
Last edited by ANNIE.kp; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (63)
12.52%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.79%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (131)
26.04%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
8.55%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (241)
47.91%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
3.18%

Watched Threads