Is this possible?

Watch this thread
Xiphos
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Would it be possible to sit A-level English literature, ancient history, and economics with 7-8 months of revision and no teacher?
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
Anything's possible, but it depends on how you work, prior knowledge, time commitment and dedication. If by 'revision' you mean total learning time, then it would be fairly difficult unless you're already very used to a very high work load and turnover rate. If by 'revision' you mean revision, ie going over what you've already been taught, then it would be more realistic, but still difficult as all these subjects require very good essay technique which is hard to develop without a teacher. As such, I would suggest that it's not a very realistic goal.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
if you're resitting so you've learnt the course over 2 years then yes but if you're planning to learn from scratch, you're gonna struggle.
Xiphos
Rep:
(Original post by redmeercat)
Anything's possible, but it depends on how you work, prior knowledge, time commitment and dedication. If by 'revision' you mean total learning time, then it would be fairly difficult unless you're already very used to a very high work load and turnover rate. If by 'revision' you mean revision, ie going over what you've already been taught, then it would be more realistic, but still difficult as all these subjects require very good essay technique which is hard to develop without a teacher. As such, I would suggest that it's not a very realistic goal.
I have done these subjects up until halfway through year 13 so I am missing a bit of information but I think I have enough to go on.
Xiphos
Rep:
(Original post by absolutelysprout)
if you're resitting so you've learnt the course over 2 years then yes but if you're planning to learn from scratch, you're gonna struggle.
Got cut off halfway through year 13 and haven't seriously revised since as exams were canceled twice so I have some work to do but, I still remember quite a lot of what I learned.
absolutelysprout
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Xiphos)
Got cut off halfway through year 13 and haven't seriously revised since as exams were canceled twice so I have some work to do but, I still remember quite a lot of what I learned.
hm, i guess it's possible then? you'd have to cover the content you haven't covered yet quite fast though so you can use the time remaining to revise
Last edited by absolutelysprout; 8 months ago
Xiphos
Rep:
(Original post by absolutelysprout)
hm, i guess it's possible then? you'd have to cover the content you haven't covered yet quite fast though so you can use the time remaining to revise
I think that I'm going to get in touch with my old A-level teachers and offer them payment to mark some papers so that I can get some feedback. Hopefully, that increases my odds of success. Tutors in A-levels English literature and ancient history are very hard to come by so this is my only option.
absolutelysprout
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Xiphos)
I think that I'm going to get in touch with my old A-level teachers and offer them payment to mark some papers so that I can get some feedback. Hopefully, that increases my odds of success. Tutors in A-levels English literature and ancient history are very hard to come by so this is my only option.
that doesn't sound like a terrible idea as long as you're not a current student of theirs! best of luck- yeah, those subject tutors aren't very common !!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (24)
18.75%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (14)
10.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (9)
7.03%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
17.19%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (33)
25.78%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
20.31%

Watched Threads