The Student Room Group

Why are bullies successful?

A lot of people who are bullies end up successful. So the concept of Karma is not true or has not affected them.

The bullies are more smart and understand the real world, money, looks and are ultimately as a result are successful in life.
People who are bullies (usually are more intelligent) and understand the real world. The bullies are usually normal. The bullied kids are not. They know the ugly, the poor and the weird kids and they target them. This is of course, rooted in the desire to control others and be competitive.
But in the end the bullies succeed and have money and status in society. The rare cases where the bullied ones rose to the top is Elon Musk.

Scroll to see replies

No bullies are successful because if you react, they keep doing it as they see it as a ‘reward’ and if you don’t react then that makes them think it’s ok and they keep doing it.

There is no winning for people who get bullied, only moving past it in spite of your experiences
Reply 2
Original post by WantBeAnonymous
No bullies are successful because if you react, they keep doing it as they see it as a ‘reward’ and if you don’t react then that makes them think it’s ok and they keep doing it.

There is no winning for people who get bullied, only moving past it in spite of your experiences

You are ignorant. People are bullied for being poor or ugly. Obviously having no personality makes things worse. But the reason it happens is due to material things.
Original post by Anonymous
A lot of people who are bullies end up successful. So the concept of Karma is not true or has not affected them.

The concept of karma affecting every bully is too idealistic so I’m glad we can agree on that.
The bullies are more smart and understand the real world, money, looks and are ultimately as a result are successful in life.

Care to evaluate?
The bullies are usually normal. The bullied kids are not.

What do you mean by normal?
They know the ugly, the poor and the weird kids and they target them. This is of course, rooted in the desire to control others and be competitive.

Yes, that’s being observant (to a superficial level), not being smart. Bullies don’t always bully for competition; there’s mostly other reasons behind the mask.
But in the end the bullies succeed and have money and status in society. The rare cases where the bullied ones rose to the top is Elon Musk.

Being successful without being bullied doesn’t mean that they have bullied others.
I was bullied so relentlessly between year 7-8 that I decided to change schools in the second half of year 9. I am now starting uni soon. I was smart enough to not have socials back then and therefore did not keep in contact with anyone there. I used to think about how my bullies were doing on GCSE results day but now I've learnt to not give a **** about them. I already know that I'm doing better than them anyways knowing all they did was bullying me and party. Now that about it they might have been jealous of me as I was one of the top students in that school academically but being shorter, having buck teeth and Asian made me an easy target. I tried all the things adults told me such as ignoring them but it didn't work. They only took notice when I fought back and I wasn the one who was punished for it which was the last straw that made me leave. All I need is to focus on myself and become a better person. I did get social anxiety from that experience but I did help me to develop a sense of humour as a coping mechanism.

People who are bullies (usually are more intelligent) and understand the real world. The bullies are usually normal. The bullied kids are not. They know the ugly, the poor and the weird kids and they target them. This is of course, rooted in the desire to control others and be competitive.

Maybe it's just where I live, but I've never seen a single bully at any of the schools I've been to that come from a stable household
Reply 6
Original post by 0ptics
The concept of karma affecting every bully is too idealistic so I’m glad we can agree on that.

Care to evaluate?

What do you mean by normal?

Yes, that’s being observant (to a superficial level), not being smart. Bullies don’t always bully for competition; there’s mostly other reasons behind the mask.

Being successful without being bullied doesn’t mean that they have bullied others.

Karma is unreal and idealistic, certainly.

Normal people is average. the boundary or mark of averageness. Usually a 5/10 is average looks wise. Someone who owns a house, the latest 150£ adidas or nike shoes and a BMW car is average. Anything below that is below average and anything less is Poor. Any person who is 3/10 or 2/10 is either below average, unattractive or ugly.
You are ignorant. People are bullied for being poor or ugly. Obviously having no personality makes things worse. But the reason it happens is due to material things.

No you are the ignorant one. I was bullied. I’m by no means poor and apparently I’m not ugly either as when I got with a guy I thought was on my level, teachers commented on him punching above his belt.
So shut your trap
Reply 8
I was bullied so relentlessly between year 7-8 that I decided to change schools in the second half of year 9. I am now starting uni soon. I was smart enough to not have socials back then and therefore did not keep in contact with anyone there. I used to think about how my bullies were doing on GCSE results day but now I've learnt to not give a **** about them. I already know that I'm doing better than them anyways knowing all they did was bullying me and party. Now that about it they might have been jealous of me as I was one of the top students in that school academically but being shorter, having buck teeth and Asian made me an easy target. I tried all the things adults told me such as ignoring them but it didn't work. They only took notice when I fought back and I wasn the one who was punished for it which was the last straw that made me leave. All I need is to focus on myself and become a better person. I did get social anxiety from that experience but I did help me to develop a sense of humour as a coping mechanism.

Your a girl I assume? It is good that you are over it. Congratulations on your university admission.

Normal people is average. the boundary or mark of averageness. Usually a 5/10 is average looks wise. Someone who owns a house, the latest 150£ adidas or nike shoes and a BMW car is average. Anything below that is below average and anything less is Poor. Any person who is 3/10 or 2/10 is either below average, unattractive or ugly.

a bmw isn't average
Original post by WantBeAnonymous
No you are the ignorant one. I was bullied. I’m by no means poor and apparently I’m not ugly either as when I got with a guy I thought was on my level, teachers commented on him punching above his belt.
So shut your trap

yeah because there are exceptions to every rule
Your a girl I assume? It is good that you are over it. Congratulations on your university admission.

Nah I'm a boy which is worse because I used to get beaten up.

This is how I know me and the OP have grown up in very different places
Is this thread supposed to be pro or anti bullying, It's hard to tell?
Nah I'm a boy which is worse because I used to get beaten up.

You said your asian so are you hindu or muslim? Did that make things worse? Or was it mostly your teeth/looks or low income in terms of money?
Original post by StriderHort
Is this thread supposed to be pro or anti bullying, It's hard to tell?

I'm against bullying. I'm just stating that bullies are usually successful, unfortunately.
You said your asian so are you hindu or muslim? Did that make things worse? Or was it mostly your teeth/looks or low income in terms of money?

I was the only Oriental Asian in my year which made it worse because I couldn't relate to anyone. I did get called a chink as well. It was never about money although I didn't take expensive things to school because they would probably steal it. They usually bullied me for being "nerfy" or not having braces which I couldn't do anything about because I still had baby teeth.
I was the only Oriental Asian in my year which made it worse because I couldn't relate to anyone. I did get called a chink as well. It was never about money although I didn't take expensive things to school because they would probably steal it. They usually bullied me for being "nerfy" or not having braces which I couldn't do anything about because I still had baby teeth.

That's an unfortunate situation to be in and their racism is disgusting. Yeah but people bully at looks mostly or low money or income.
Looking back to my high school, there were a couple of Chinese students who were good looking and popular with the White students. Bullies don't know race but some are racist, most they just see a weak or unattractive or poor individual and target them.
I'm against bullying. I'm just stating that bullies are usually successful, unfortunately.

I dunno, most of the people that bullied me in school are either very dead or now seriously incapacitated having variously pushed more dangerous people too far, I suspect they died etc essentially penniless. How do you account for that?
What age are you measuring success at? Are these people still in their teens, early 20s, or older?

What determines whether someone is successful or not can change significantly from 16-30. Which might explain StriderHort’s discrepancy, which matches my own view. Most bullies I went to school with are either dead, in prison, single, and/or are bordering poverty too.
(edited 2 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending