randomperson345
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys I’m just looking for some advice.
So on m first day of college I never really clicked with anyone and it made me kinda upset. I moved away from everyone to have a fresh start, but i didn’t make any friends.
At the end of the day I got speaking to a guy (he approached me) and we spoke for about 25 mins. We got on really well and i felt like I had made a proper friend. He explained how he knew nobody and didn’t have much luck making friends either. He had to leave in a hurry to get his bus.

So the next day at college I looked for him all day to try and talk to him. I couldn’t find him as there’s so many pupils. I was going to ask if he had made any friends and was even going to ask to sit with him at lunch. But i couldn’t find him. So it comes to the end of the day, I see if he is hanging around in the same place we met previously. I saw him however he was with another group. The group was him, another boy and two girls. They didn’t look like the crowd I usually go for but they looked nice.

What should I do?
Should I approach him in the group and ask to join their group. I really want to make friends but don’t want to come of weird! What should I do? I’m really nervous to talk to him again, we got on so well and i feel like we could be really good friends
CLS25
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can always go up to the group and just say hi. I understand the nervousness hat you have, but what is the worst thing that can happen? It's ok that you didn't really 'click' with anyone on the first day. You will make friends eventually! No-one will think of you as weird as you are all likely to be in the same boat. Good Luck!
randomperson345
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by CLS25)
You can always go up to the group and just say hi. I understand the nervousness hat you have, but what is the worst thing that can happen? It's ok that you didn't really 'click' with anyone on the first day. You will make friends eventually! No-one will think of you as weird as you are all likely to be in the same boat. Good Luck!
I think I’m going to talk to them on Monday! Thanks for the advice
CLS25
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hope everything went ok!!
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thread has been moved to Secondary School, Sixth Form and FE College. :yy:
randomperson345
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CLS25)
Hope everything went ok!!
Yes it did! I’ve joined their group and they’re all lovely
CLS25
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
YAY! I'm so happy for you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (14)
53.85%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (3)
11.54%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (3)
11.54%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (1)
3.85%
I haven't started researching yet (2)
7.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
11.54%

Watched Threads