The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Transport in Nottingham

Hey guys, I've recently moved to Nottingham for a postgrad at UoN and I'm a bit confused about the public transportation system, buses, trams etc. How exactly do they work and how would the cost of using public transport for an academic year compare to traveling by bike, both in terms of upfront and long term costs? Also, how much of a threat are bike thieves realistically, assuming I double lock?
For the tram I think from what a friend told me the return tickets are £3.40. The University of Nottingham also provides free hopper bus services that run between the main University Park Campus and Jubilee, Sutton Bonington and King's Meadow campuses, and the Royal Derby Hospital Centre but there are other buses (will have to pay for). So uh to find out which bus or tram you wanna take I suggest looking on your google/apple maps, inputting where you are and what campus you wanna go to, it should tell you which one to take.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Nottingham City Transport run a comprehensive set of buses through the city. Orange line 34 runs between University Park Campus and the City Centre, past the Jubilee Campus. For a student, a single is £1.70, and a day ticket is £3.40, although you need to verify your student status using the NCTX Buses app. By tram, student fares are £1.90 (single) and £3.40 (day). I would only advise getting a 'season' ticket if you are confident you'll use the bus/tram virtually day in, day out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending