Sb17890
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Had my first 2 biology and chemistry lesson and to be honest I don’t like it . I don’t understand anything the teacher is saying , maybe it’s the jump from gcse and maybe it’s the teacher . I wanted to do optometry which requires both biology and chemistry however I am worried I might just end up failing and repeating another year at sixthform . My parents want me to go onto optometry too but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to cope with a levels . I have also been thinking about economics which i find interesting but my sixthform doesn’t offer economic a level and I don’t want to do a level maths either . But some universities don’t require maths for economics . What should I do ? Stick with biology and chemistry or change it ?
sister of turtle
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
If you don't mind me asking what were your GCSE grades like for biology and chemistry? It's not surprising you have found a jump from GCSE as it does hey harder so that's expected. Maybe try a few more lessons and see whether it starts to make more sense? Are you doing the biological molecules topic in biology? If so then it's one of the harder year 12 topics so don't worry it's not all as hard as that topic
Sb17890
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by sister of turtle)
If you don't mind me asking what were your GCSE grades like for biology and chemistry? It's not surprising you have found a jump from GCSE as it does hey harder so that's expected. Maybe try a few more lessons and see whether it starts to make more sense? Are you doing the biological molecules topic in biology? If so then it's one of the harder year 12 topics so don't worry it's not all as hard as that topic
I did combined science and got grade 98 but due to Covid and lockdown I would say that we haven’t really covered all gcse topics in detail . For biology we are doing biological molecules and i do understand it but for chemistry we are doing organic chemistry and I don’t understand anything about the structural and all the other formulas when the teacher is teaching .
PurpleVet
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
I found the jump from GCSE to A level quite big and found it a lot to take in at first, but don’t worry stick with it, it will get easier. Reading ahead will definitely help and after lessons go through that content again to really get your head around it. The website physics and maths tutor has lots of practice questions and notes to use and I also found the YouTube channels SnapRevise, miss estruch, carol biology, allergy chemistry and Elliot rintoul helpful
Sb17890
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by PurpleVet)
I found the jump from GCSE to A level quite big and found it a lot to take in at first, but don’t worry stick with it, it will get easier. Reading ahead will definitely help and after lessons go through that content again to really get your head around it. The website physics and maths tutor has lots of practice questions and notes to use and I also found the YouTube channels SnapRevise, miss estruch, carol biology, allergy chemistry and Elliot rintoul helpful
Thank you
Have you finished your a levels ? If so what did you end up getting if u don’t mind me asking
PurpleVet
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Sb17890)
Thank you
Have you finished your a levels ? If so what did you end up getting if u don’t mind me asking
Hi, yes I just finished my a levels this year I did biology, chemistry, geology and core maths (that was only one year and like an AS level) and I got straight As
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (154)
41.62%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.65%
No (147)
39.73%

Watched Threads