The Student Room Group

How to not get stressed- year 13

I'm already stressed about my A-levels. How do I remain calm and not get stressed out? I'm in year 13
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Hello!

Quite a few (if not most people) seem to find the jump from year 12 to year 13 much bigger than the jump from gcse to alevels so you're not alone in feeling like this! Year 13 is very important with this being your exam year and UCAS applications so it's very easy to get overwhelmed very quickly. I would say in order to manage this you need to break it up into two sections, academics and leisure.

For academics, make sure you are organised and plan ahead, don't leave revision and homework to the last minute, doing your work on the day it's set will free up a lot of time and make you feel more productive! Try to make to do lists or just lists in general to really break your day down into manageable chunks (be specific in what you write down!), this will allow you to have an overview of what you need to do and again, will honestly make you feel more productive and better about your work habits! (Also, by being specific in what you need to do will help push you to get started on that task because you're not wasting time deciding what to do!). To summarise, time management and organisation is key for alevels, everyone says it but it really is true.

For leisure, make time for the things you enjoy! Your social life and fun doesn't need to suffer because of alevels, when you plan your day out (if you decide to do that) make sure you add some down time in, whether it be small increments spread across the whole day or a long chunk after you've done all your work, taking care of yourself is equally as important as your academics, so always factor it into your day. If you have any free periods at school maybe dedicate a couple of them for some downtime, yes frees are important to work in but they are also there for you to have a break!

With these two aspects combined you should notice a difference and feel like you can manage the workload and not feel so stressed all the time!
Hope this helps :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by 246z1
Hello!

Quite a few (if not most people) seem to find the jump from year 12 to year 13 much bigger than the jump from gcse to alevels so you're not alone in feeling like this! Year 13 is very important with this being your exam year and UCAS applications so it's very easy to get overwhelmed very quickly. I would say in order to manage this you need to break it up into two sections, academics and leisure.

For academics, make sure you are organised and plan ahead, don't leave revision and homework to the last minute, doing your work on the day it's set will free up a lot of time and make you feel more productive! Try to make to do lists or just lists in general to really break your day down into manageable chunks (be specific in what you write down!), this will allow you to have an overview of what you need to do and again, will honestly make you feel more productive and better about your work habits! (Also, by being specific in what you need to do will help push you to get started on that task because you're not wasting time deciding what to do!). To summarise, time management and organisation is key for alevels, everyone says it but it really is true.

For leisure, make time for the things you enjoy! Your social life and fun doesn't need to suffer because of alevels, when you plan your day out (if you decide to do that) make sure you add some down time in, whether it be small increments spread across the whole day or a long chunk after you've done all your work, taking care of yourself is equally as important as your academics, so always factor it into your day. If you have any free periods at school maybe dedicate a couple of them for some downtime, yes frees are important to work in but they are also there for you to have a break!

With these two aspects combined you should notice a difference and feel like you can manage the workload and not feel so stressed all the time!
Hope this helps :smile:

Thanks so much
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by rxrx2004
I'm already stressed about my A-levels. How do I remain calm and not get stressed out? I'm in year 13

Just forget about A Levels they mean nothing anyway

Quick Reply

Latest