tired247
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello. I will be starting this month at QMUL, doing Biochemistry w/ a year of research/industry. If anybody wishes to chat, let me know/pm!
Besme1999
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi am starting this month as well! you undergrad or post?
tired247
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Besme1999)
Hi am starting this month as well! you undergrad or post?
Hey I'm gonna be an undergrad

How about you?
Besme1999
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hiya,

Going to be post-grad.
nathan26050
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tired247)
Hello. I will be starting this month at QMUL, doing Biochemistry w/ a year of research/industry. If anybody wishes to chat, let me know/pm!
I am planning to apply for biochem at QMUL did u need to do a interview. Also got any tips to write a good personal statement
boiwthboi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tired247)
hey ive finally found a whatsapp gc. if you haven't alreadyjoined, pm me for it
boiwthboi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nathan26050)
I am planning to apply for biochem at QMUL did u need to do a interview. Also got any tips to write a good personal statement
no interview to study biochem at qmul. in your personal statement make sure you show you have passion for your subject, this can be done many ways - mention extracurricular learning you did to broaden ur knowledge on a relevant field, mention some activities you did that helped you develop skills required to study at uni and also specifically study biochem, SHOW how enthusiastic you are to study the course and learn MORE and also give a brief idea of what you want to be doing with the degree in the future (i.e. what do you want to do in the future, relevant to the bichem degree)
nathan26050
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What can you write about if you have literally no work experience in biochem. I have work experience in mechanical engineering tho am i able to write about that ?

(Original post by boiwthboi)
no interview to study biochem at qmul. in your personal statement make sure you show you have passion for your subject, this can be done many ways - mention extracurricular learning you did to broaden ur knowledge on a relevant field, mention some activities you did that helped you develop skills required to study at uni and also specifically study biochem, SHOW how enthusiastic you are to study the course and learn MORE and also give a brief idea of what you want to be doing with the degree in the future (i.e. what do you want to do in the future, relevant to the bichem degree)
boiwthboi
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What can you write about if you have literally no work experience in biochem. I have work experience in mechanical engineering tho am i able to write about that ?
I'd definitely encourage you to talk about that experience. talk about the skills and lessons you learnt from that work experience and how it can be applied/useful to studying biochem and university in general. don't go into detail about what mechanically engineering stuff you learnt because that is irrelevant to the degree. i didn't have any biochem work experience either! the experience I had was: working on a farm from yr10-11!!!!! assisting workers at a museum/science institute and attending a 'virtual work experience' where all that happened was companies came and told us about themselves and what they do in a day. here's some other 'experiences' to talk about to build your statement; what techniques and skills did you enhance/adopt from learning each a-level subject? what did you learn from your experience of doing practical and experiments at school? (good opportunity to talk about communication, teamowrking, problem solving and perseverance skills!). I volunteer with TLP right now, check them out on Instagram at @tlprojectuk! they have a persona statement checking service but it ran from 23/08-04/10 which means today Is the last day and you may have missed the deadline. try message them first, and if you have missed the deadline but would still like some feedback you can pm me. i also have a younger brother applying for uni this year so I've collated a huge two page checklist and guide for personal statements! good luck!!!
Googley_eyes
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You’ll be fine QMUL will take almost anyone. There’s a reason why so many students go through clearing there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (316)
57.25%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (77)
13.95%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (62)
11.23%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (48)
8.7%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.07%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.8%

Watched Threads