The Student Room Group

Paying university fees

Hey, this may sound strange but i am not too sure how i have to pay my university. So my parents are paying for it but how do they pay them, do they set up something like a direct debit? I will be going to kings btw.
Thanks in advance
Reply 1
I think it will go directly to the university.
If you contact your university finance team or the admissions team they should be able to help you!!
They will give you their bank details etc etc and confirm your payment has gone through.
Your university should have sent you an email or some kind of communication regarding your fee status. If not, check your university’s website and look for their tuition fee page: it should have details on how to self-pay your tuition. Generally, you will have the option to pay upfront or by instalments, in which case you’d need to set up a payment plan with said university (although the payment plan may not necessarily be a direct debit, so you will need to be responsible for paying on time). If you’re having trouble sorting this out, email your university’s fee office and they will be able to help you.
When I applied I had to say how my tuition fees would be paid -student loan or self funding-I said self funding and I just get an invoice each year, various payment plans but they generally charge interest/admin fee if not paid in full at start, so I did that.
Reply 4
Original post by Catherine1973
When I applied I had to say how my tuition fees would be paid -student loan or self funding-I said self funding and I just get an invoice each year, various payment plans but they generally charge interest/admin fee if not paid in full at start, so I did that.

thank you, it said on the KCL fees website i will get a invoice during December for fee payment like you said.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending