The Student Room Group

Is my application realistic?

Hiya, so the deadline is approaching and I think I've finally decided where I wanna go. I wanted to see if people think my choices are right because I think I might be applying to too many London unis.

I have 999999888D* at GCSE, A* EPQ, and A*AA pred in bio, chem and maths. Ucat is 2710b2. I've also done a lot of volunteering plus WEX.

My first choice would be KCL. Their UCAT avg was 2799 last year but maybe the holistic assessment will rescue me somehow?? If anyone got into kcl with similar grades pls reply.

My second is St George's, I really think I have a decent shot of getting in there and I love the uni.

My third is QMUL which I don't really like as much as the above but on their website their avg was literally 2720 and 180 tariff pts (so weird that they use tariff points) .

My last one feels like a shot in the dark. I had no idea what to pick as I don't really wanna go outside of london (which is probably gonna backfire on me) but I settled on manchester because the course seems well structured???

I'd appreciate some advice and kind worded criticism since my SF doesn't exactly have the best mentoring for med students and I have no idea if I'm making strategically beneficial choices.
Reply 1
Original post by lysave
Hiya, so the deadline is approaching and I think I've finally decided where I wanna go. I wanted to see if people think my choices are right because I think I might be applying to too many London unis.

I have 999999888D* at GCSE, A* EPQ, and A*AA pred in bio, chem and maths. Ucat is 2710b2. I've also done a lot of volunteering plus WEX.

My first choice would be KCL. Their UCAT avg was 2799 last year but maybe the holistic assessment will rescue me somehow?? If anyone got into kcl with similar grades pls reply.

My second is St George's, I really think I have a decent shot of getting in there and I love the uni.

My third is QMUL which I don't really like as much as the above but on their website their avg was literally 2720 and 180 tariff pts (so weird that they use tariff points) .

My last one feels like a shot in the dark. I had no idea what to pick as I don't really wanna go outside of london (which is probably gonna backfire on me) but I settled on manchester because the course seems well structured???

I'd appreciate some advice and kind worded criticism since my SF doesn't exactly have the best mentoring for med students and I have no idea if I'm making strategically beneficial choices.

You have good GCSEs and A Level predicted and EPQ grades.
Remember the UCAT is just an AVERAGE, so 50% of people scored less than 2799, so you aren't far off.
WEX and Volunteering add to a statement so I think you stand a decent chance
Reply 2
Original post by lysave

Please post all your stats in the "Which Medical School Should I Apply To?" Thread below for the best advice on where to apply with your stats to maximise your chances of getting an offer!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6679038
Reply 3
Original post by pwk123
You have good GCSEs and A Level predicted and EPQ grades.
Remember the UCAT is just an AVERAGE, so 50% of people scored less than 2799, so you aren't far off.
WEX and Volunteering add to a statement so I think you stand a decent chance

ty xx
Reply 4
Original post by SyedN
Please post all your stats in the "Which Medical School Should I Apply To?" Thread below for the best advice on where to apply with your stats to maximise your chances of getting an offer!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6679038

oops soz
Reply 5
Original post by lysave
oops soz

No worries and no need to apologise! Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending