Watch
KA_P
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Jpree34)
What is hybrid ?
I'm assuming it's a mix of online and face to face, although I am wondering how that will work out.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by KA_P)
I'm assuming it's a mix of online and face to face, although I am wondering how that will work out.
It's either each cadidate will have a mixture of remote and face to face (so they will still have to be there in person, and it's convenient for some interviewers); or some candidates will be asked to come and some will stay at home (but personally I feel this will be unfair).
Last edited by ecolier; 4 days ago
KA_P
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by ecolier)
It's either each cadidate will have a mixture of remote and face to face (so they will still have to be there in person, and it's convenient for some interviewers); or some candidates will be asked to come and some will stay at home (but personally I feel this will be unfair).
I agree that the second one seems unfair, as candidates could perform differently remotely compared to face to face, possibly due to the lack of non-verbal communication. It'd be really unfair if that were the case since some candidates would be disadvantaged.
The first one seems fairer since the candidates seem to be getting the same amount of remote interviewing and face to face interviewing as each other.
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by KA_P)
I agree that the second one seems unfair, as candidates could perform differently remotely compared to face to face, possibly due to the lack of non-verbal communication. It'd be really unfair if that were the case since some candidates would be disadvantaged.
The first one seems fairer since the candidates seem to be getting the same amount of remote interviewing and face to face interviewing as each other.
Sadly, I think the second option will be practised this year by some med schools - i.e. some candidates will stay home and some will come in.

It's unfair, but then what can we do? UCAT being remote last year was also super unfair and enabled some people to cheat.
KA_P
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Sadly, I think the second option will be practised this year by some med schools - i.e. some candidates will stay home and some will come in.

It's unfair, but then what can we do? UCAT being remote last year was also super unfair and enabled some people to cheat.
Very true. We can only make do with what we're given sadly.

Last year, I missed out on actually getting to see the university during the interview day because of it being virtual - that's another thing people will miss out on if it's virtual for them. I hope I get to see some universities this year. I can't go to any open days due to travel issues. I just hope we can make our dream come true this year. Good luck everyone : )))
CoochieMan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Please God let interviews go better this year. I had 3 interviews last year and I thought they all went well but obviously not :cry:
yara56394484
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by CoochieMan)
Please God let interviews go better this year. I had 3 interviews last year and I thought they all went well but obviously not :cry:
Hey if you don’t me asking, what Med schools did you get interviews from? I’m just slightly worried the same thing will happen to me!
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by yara56394484)
Hey if you don’t me asking, what Med schools did you get interviews from? I’m just slightly worried the same thing will happen to me!
I don't mind! Ask away I got interviews from Cambridge, Imperial and Southampton. Rejected pre int with UCL
KA_P
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I really hope so too!! I had 2 last year and thought the same 😭❤️ We've got this. We can do this!!
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by KA_P)
I really hope so too!! I had 2 last year and thought the same 😭❤️ We've got this. We can do this!!
Yes we do and yes we can! Good luck!!
KA_P
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Yes we do and yes we can! Good luck!!
Good luck to you too and PRSOM since I've repped you too many times and TSR is being mean by not letting me rep you more. 🙈❤️
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by KA_P)
Good luck to you too and PRSOM since I've repped you too many times and TSR is being mean by not letting me rep you more. 🙈❤️
Same for you 😭 PRSOM
KA_P
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Same for you 😭 PRSOM
:console:
yara56394484
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I don't mind! Ask away I got interviews from Cambridge, Imperial and Southampton. Rejected pre int with UCL
Oh wow that’s amazing!!!
Ylife
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hi,

Would you recommend paying for the mock interview circuits run by different companies (e.g., themediclife, etc.)?

Thanks!
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Ylife)
Hi,

Would you recommend paying for the mock interview circuits run by different companies (e.g., themediclife, etc.)?

Thanks!
No
TCL
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by KA_P)
It has changed on the Imperial website. First time I looked they asked people to upload responses to a virtual offline interview and said there would be an additional stage with interviewers, either F2F or on line, depending on Covid. The second stage seems to have disappeared unless I dreamt it!
Ylife
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
No
Thank you!
AliceKS
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
You must have done alright in the BMAT then with interviews from 2 BMAT unis (did you do the September sitting or was it cancelled last year, can't remember) - any tips esp for section 3 as I have practiced 1+2 but I'm too scared for S3!!!
CoochieMan
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by AliceKS)
You must have done alright in the BMAT then with interviews from 2 BMAT unis (did you do the September sitting or was it cancelled last year, can't remember) - any tips esp for section 3 as I have practiced 1+2 but I'm too scared for S3!!!
I was very proud with my UCAT! I got 7.9, 6.9 3A which was great but didn't benefit me in the long run obviously.

My English skills are terrible but for section 3, try get an English teacher or a friend to look over your essays. I annoyed one of my friends with all the essays I sent him (he's an English prodigy) and I ended up with my score. Tbh if you can, avoid the quote quesrion. I chose it last year and realised I made a mistake choosing it half way through bc I ran out of ideas 😀

For section 2, go over content first and then go over questions. You don't wanna waste the questions/demotivate yourself when you do badly. For section 1, best advise I can give is just keep practicing. Do as many questions as you can. I found BMAT Ninja incredibly helpful and did almost every question on there (I've got ADHD and I hyperfocused on section 1 questions).

Make sure you don't burn out tho! Take frequent breaks and remember! to! eat! and! sleep!!!!!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (53)
14.25%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (94)
25.27%
I'm a bit unsure (66)
17.74%
I'm finding things difficult (127)
34.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
8.6%

Watched Threads