Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
when would the right time to start revising be (ideally)? im taking 4 subjects, two of them are stem and the others are essay based!
Hotheaded
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Correct answer is now, as soon as you start doing alevels, you can’t cram alevels, especially not 4, you need to be actively going through the content now, there will be no time at the end to go through everything there’s that much content.

I crammed at it meant spending 6-10 hours a day for a month studying just to get 3A’s. I cannot stress enough revising now and throughout alevels gives you the best possible chance of getting the best grades
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hotheaded)
Correct answer is now, as soon as you start doing alevels, you can’t cram alevels, especially not 4, you need to be actively going through the content now, there will be no time at the end to go through everything there’s that much content.

I crammed at it meant spending 6-10 hours a day for a month studying just to get 3A’s. I cannot stress enough revising now and throughout alevels gives you the best possible chance of getting the best grades
thank you!! that's really reassuring! and that makes sense i would rather not cram information as personally i find it super stressful. and well done on your 3 A's!!
SuttonOG
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i did maths bio chem, I almost failed. Take it from me, NO later than the start of January. Literally no later. If you start full on bashing at the start of January you'll be fine
Last edited by SuttonOG; 1 month ago
Hotheaded
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 273544)
thank you!! that's really reassuring! and that makes sense i would rather not cram information as personally i find it super stressful. and well done on your 3 A's!!
Thank you! I wish you the best of luck with your alevels hope you smash them!
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I started right from the beginning for both AS and A2 years.
Rep:
?
(Original post by SuttonOG)
i did maths bio chem, I almost failed. Take it from me, NO later than the start of January. Literally no later. If you start full on bashing at the start of January you'll be fine
okay thank you, i do maths a level too! i think i will start 'light' revision now and will do full on revision closer to exams! thank you
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
I started right from the beginning for both AS and A2 years.
ahhh okay, thank you i will do that too!!
tc3tsb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did history, economics and politics. I didn't 'study' or revise as I went along, but we were constantly assessed with essays every other week in all three subjects, so I built up a massive load of thorough, detailed essay plans. I started seriously studying about a month and a bit before my a levels - this might seem late, but I had an accumulation of very detailed and thorough notes. I focused in (some) lessons and frees (I used these as study sections) throughout sixth form and then chilled out on weekends. I've always been more of a crammer because I seem to have no long term memory capacity lol. I ended up with 3 A*s !
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 273544)
when would the right time to start revising be (ideally)? im taking 4 subjects, two of them are stem and the others are essay based!
As soon as possible. The sooner you begin with, the more time you have to learn things into single detail. And the details matter at this level! if it is about exams, I recommend a half year, so six months before the first exam day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (158)
54.67%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (42)
14.53%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (33)
11.42%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.54%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
4.84%

Watched Threads