The Student Room Group

Rant

Well basically I just want to get a few things off my chest but everyone is in bed now so I've turned to the internet. Basically I was surfing the TSR forums and my mum comes into my room asking if I'm doing work (this is 2.00 at night). Obviously the answer is no so she goes one and brings up my AS results (AACC) :mad: saying how I failed and if I don't study I'm going to fail again. This is the bit that got me miffed cos I know I should be working towards my retakes in January but surely its unreasonable to expect someone to be studying late into the night a good 3 months away from the exams. Then she goes on accusing me of playing games :confused: when I'm clearly reading forums. She does this because there was a time where I was really addicted to this online game and didn't do as well as I could have in my exams as a result of that addiction. I've stopped playing that game and I do pop on the console occasionally but shes got this idea that I'm playing 24/7. It's really annoying because she can't see the lengths I've gone to and the effort I've put in stopping myself from playing these games. So I kind of blew my top and told her to **** off and now she says shes given up on me and that I should be embarrassed 'WHEN I fail again'. She already assumes I'm going to make the same mistakes again and I just feel their is no support to be found :frown: .
Anyways sorry for making you read that it was purely me letting off some steam :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've been in almost exactly the same situation as that before. Just get good grades, and rub it right in her face.
Reply 2
She's only looking out for you, bless.
If my Mum did that to me I would tell her to **** off. But she wouldn't do it so it's irrelevant.

:smile:
Reply 4
Either talk to her about it or prove her wrong.
Reply 5
what online game was it?
please don't tell me it was WoW...
Reply 6
Epic Win
what online game was it?

It was Unreal Tournament 3. If I'm gonna have an addiction at least make it a good one :biggrin:
Reply 7
Nammo
It was Unreal Tournament 3. If I'm gonna have an addiction at least make it a good one :biggrin:

Thank God for that!
Call of Duty and CSS would also have been acceptable answers haha
Epic Win
what online game was it?

What if it was? Punk.
Jabbamuffin
What if it was? Punk.

Then you'd get a F at life.

:p:
Reply 10
You're upset because "she can't see the lengths I've gone to and the effort I've put in stopping myself from playing these games"?

Restraining yourself from playing UT3 all the time is not an achievement. Personally, I'm not sure you're being treated as unfairly as you're trying to make out.
Champagne Supernova

:p:

Probably a thai bride too, so who's complaining...
Jabbamuffin
Probably a thai bride too, so who's complaining...

Well played.
Reply 13
Since when was AACC a fail?
Reply 14
just turn round and go "listen mum, an E is a pass, considering i got AACC you should shut your trap"

i would personally be ruder
You're lucky your mum cares... Some people have parents who don't have a clue what they are studying/when their exams are...
Reply 16
C is a fail.
It is unreasonable to expect someone to be studying late into the night a good 3 months away from the exams.
Ah the joys of having parents on your back over school grades...
My Mum now has it in her head that I will stop being a good student just because I have a boyfriend. WRONG. I'm doing just as well now as before he came along.
I personally think being rude never helps. My parents generally give me a lot of freedom because I'm nice to them. Just talk to her. Tell her how hard it was to quit that game, and that you're really determined to get a better result in your retakes. I know noone wants to suck up, but sometimes it really works. =]
Reply 19
Jabbamuffin
What if it was? Punk.

Champagne Supernova

I feel no need to add anything else to this response.

Latest

Trending

Trending