The Student Room Group

what will my referee see on UCAS?

applying as an independent applicant, does anyone know how much will my referee see?
When I press the request button UCAS told me I have to fill in the 'education' section, why? Do I have to fill in all section before sending reference request, or can I change those details after my referee had submitted the reference?
I am asking because my address is quite private and my PS isn't ready yet... Thanks!
Your referees will be able to see the following sections of your application:
Personal details.
Additional information.
Choices.
Education.
Personal statement.

Can my reference see my UCAS application.....
You must have a reference
If you're applying independently and you've agreed with the universities that a reference is not required read the information in the reference section of your application to see what to do

You'll need to fill out all necessary areas on your application.
Your education ( history of schools / colleges or universities and any grades you achieved ?? ).
If you want to be successful in your application then follow the necessary advise on UCAS.
Referees will see the complete document to attest that you have the GCSEs you claim to have and that you did actually get a Gold DoE and swim for Great Britain. If you are telling porkies then the referee will tell you to rewrite your application.
Reply 3
Original post by mike23mike
Referees will see the complete document to attest that you have the GCSEs you claim to have and that you did actually get a Gold DoE and swim for Great Britain. If you are telling porkies then the referee will tell you to rewrite your application.

So I can only request reference after I have complete all my blanks, even I am an independent applicant? Can I change those details after the referee submitted the letter? Thanks!
Reply 4
Original post by tszma
applying as an independent applicant, does anyone know how much will my referee see?
When I press the request button UCAS told me I have to fill in the 'education' section, why? Do I have to fill in all section before sending reference request, or can I change those details after my referee had submitted the reference?
I am asking because my address is quite private and my PS isn't ready yet... Thanks!

Original post by Tracey_W
Your referees will be able to see the following sections of your application:
Personal details.
Additional information.
Choices.
Education.
Personal statement.

Can my reference see my UCAS application.....
You must have a reference
If you're applying independently and you've agreed with the universities that a reference is not required read the information in the reference section of your application to see what to do

You'll need to fill out all necessary areas on your application.
Your education ( history of schools / colleges or universities and any grades you achieved ?? ).
If you want to be successful in your application then follow the necessary advise on UCAS.

Thanks! but according to UCAS, https://www.facebook.com/ucasonline/posts/can-a-referee-see-your-whole-application-like-your-personal-statement/668567273176389/
'Your referee will only be able to view any parts of your application if you are linked to a college or school. If you are applying independently they cannot.' But this is 7 years ago so I wonder if it is still applicable now?
Original post by tszma
Thanks! but according to UCAS, https://www.facebook.com/ucasonline/posts/can-a-referee-see-your-whole-application-like-your-personal-statement/668567273176389/
'Your referee will only be able to view any parts of your application if you are linked to a college or school. If you are applying independently they cannot.' But this is 7 years ago so I wonder if it is still applicable now?

The information is from UCAS website.
Reply 6
Update:
Just rang UCAS, your referee can't see any of your application if you're an independent applicant :smile:! Hope it helps.
Original post by tszma
Update:
Just rang UCAS, your referee can't see any of your application if you're an independent applicant :smile:! Hope it helps.

wait they can’t see any?
Original post by Simonpartridge
wait they can’t see any?

For independent apps they just get a link to provide the reference. The uni itself can ask for any of the other information on the app to be verified.
The education section needs to be completed for independent references so that the reference is asked for any predicted grades.
All they will see is a list of pending qualifications to add their predictions to.
Reply 10
My referee has said they can’t see a section for predicted grades even though I have my subjects as pending . Does anyone know why ?
Original post by Isaiahch
My referee has said they can’t see a section for predicted grades even though I have my subjects as pending . Does anyone know why ?

They need to ask UCAS for assistance.

Latest

Trending

Trending