The Student Room Group

she has a kid

i been talking to this girl and she agreed to hangout but recently i found out from others she has a kid, i dont know what to do!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
i been talking to this girl and she agreed to hangout but recently i found out from others she has a kid, i dont know what to do!

Apparently she had a kid when she was 15
If you don’t like the fact that she has a kid, don’t lead her on and get her hopes up, tell her how you feel because being in a relationship with someone who has a kid is a commitment and she may also have some protective boundaries but just see how it goes.
I have never dated anyone with a child long-term but I was involved with someone for a short while who had a 6-year-old daughter. What I did was take the time to consider if I was prepared to spend time with that child if it came to the point where she wanted to introduce me to her, and (thinking very long-term) would I be able to care for that child as if she were my own if we were to last. You also need to accept that when you're dating a mum that their child is always going to come first, and there are going to be times they'll have to bail because the kid is sick or a sitter has flaked on them, and it is not fair for you to make a big deal of that.

More generally, I would make the effort to ask about her daughter when asking about her day and make sure to remember what she told me about her. When asking her out, I would factor in parental obligations and time needed to find a sitter - so no "do you want to go out tonight?" but "are you free this weekend?"

Have a good think about it. If the child is going to be a problem then don't lead the girl on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending