The Student Room Group

Please help

Hi guys,

If you move schools and restart year 12, do you have to include your OLD school’s mock exams and predicted grades on your ucas? If I had stayed with that school, I don’t think I would have gotten a certificate for an AS as I was doing three subjects and wouldn’t drop them, but now that I’ve left, do I have to include my mock exams as an AS? I’m kinda confused.

Thanks
No, ucas doesnt care about what you got in your mocks they only need one set of predicted grades. So I guess your new school will make you sit lots of mocks so they can see where youre working and give you and accurate prediction :smile:
Original post by alg.xx
Hi guys,

If you move schools and restart year 12, do you have to include your OLD school’s mock exams and predicted grades on your ucas? If I had stayed with that school, I don’t think I would have gotten a certificate for an AS as I was doing three subjects and wouldn’t drop them, but now that I’ve left, do I have to include my mock exams as an AS? I’m kinda confused.

Thanks

You only need to include awarded grades, not mock results or previous predictions. However you do need to list your previous place of study in your education history so there aren't any gaps.
Original post by Unknown1232003
No, ucas doesnt care about what you got in your mocks they only need one set of predicted grades. So I guess your new school will make you sit lots of mocks so they can see where youre working and give you and accurate prediction :smile:

Oh okay, thanks for your reply. So just for clarification, I don’t need to include any results I got from my previous school? I’m only asking cuz UCAS claims you need to write down ALL your qualifications and idk if the mocks I did in my previous school or the predicted grades they gave me can count as a qualification, since I left half way. Im also not sure the mocks I did in my OLD school count as an AS considering I left my school half way through out the course and didn’t finish the A-level, if you get what I mean.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Admit-One
You only need to include awarded grades, not mock results or previous predictions. However you do need to list your previous place of study in your education history so there aren't any gaps.

Thank you. Do the mocks kinda count as awarded grades as I technically dropped the subjects half way through the course and left for another school?
Original post by alg.xx
Oh okay, thanks for your reply. So just for clarification, I don’t need to include any results I got from my previous school? I’m only asking cuz UCAS claims you need to write down ALL your qualifications and idk if the mocks I did in my previous school or the predicted grades they gave me can count as a qualification, since I left half way. Im also not sure the mocks I did in my OLD school count as an AS considering I left my school half way through out the course and didn’t finish the A-level, if you get what I mean.

Original post by alg.xx
Thank you. Do the mocks kinda count as awarded grades as I technically dropped the subjects half way through the course and left for another school?

Predicted grades and mocks aren't qualifications so don't need to be listed.

You would have been issued a certificate or statement of results if you were awarded an AS Level. If you are unsure, contact your previous school to check.

You would have been issued a certificate or statement of results if you were awarded an AS Level. If you are unsure, contact your previous school to check.

Okay thank you

If I was hypothetically awarded an AS, when would I receive the certificate or statement of results by?
Original post by alg.xx
If I was hypothetically awarded an AS, when would I receive the certificate or statement of results by?

Difficult to say because your old school might be holding on to them.
Difficult to say because your old school might be holding on to them.

Fair enough. The thing is when I applied to my old school, I only applied for an A-level and not AS. The only reason why I’m asking whether the A-level I applied for turns into an AS or not is because I left half way throughout the course (end of year 12). I don’t really want to ask my school tbh as they might put it forth as an AS when they didn’t think to before, and then I’ll have to include it on my ucas application.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by alg.xx
Fair enough. The thing is when I applied to my old school, I only applied for an A-level and not AS. The only reason why I’m asking whether the A-level I applied for turns into an AS or not is because I left half way throughout the course (end of year 12). I don’t really want to ask my school tbh as they might put it forth as an AS when they didn’t think to before, and then I’ll have to include it on my ucas application.

Unis don’t use AS grades for section anyway. So even if you have been awarded some iffy grades, it won’t affect your consideration.

If you don’t know if you were entered for AS’s, and don’t want to check with your previous school, I can really offer any other advice.
Original post by alg.xx

You do need to check because if you omit it and you did get an AS your application will be thrown out as fraudulent.
Unis don’t use AS grades for section anyway. So even if you have been awarded some iffy grades, it won’t affect your consideration.

If you don’t know if you were entered for AS’s, and don’t want to check with your previous school, I can really offer any other advice.

Alright thanks. Do you think the school can still put me up for an AS using my old mocks, even though I’m not there. Do oxbridge care about AS grades? I’m sorry for the copious questions lol
Original post by alg.xx
Alright thanks. Do you think the school can still put me up for an AS using my old mocks, even though I’m not there. Do oxbridge care about AS grades? I’m sorry for the copious questions lol

I don’t think that your school forgot to enter you for an AS and I don’t think they’ll enter you for one now if you just get in touch to check.

I can’t speak about oxbridge admissions but it’s unlikely they use them, because students in England aren’t entered for them any more, so it wouldn’t be a fair point of comparison.

I would note that omitting achieved grades from your application is grounds for exclusion from the admissions cycle, so you absolutely need to be certain before you submit anything.
Reply 14
You shouldn't need too
I don’t think that your school forgot to enter you for an AS and I don’t think they’ll enter you for one now if you just get in touch to check.

I can’t speak about oxbridge admissions but it’s unlikely they use them, because students in England aren’t entered for them any more, so it wouldn’t be a fair point of comparison.

I would note that omitting achieved grades from your application is grounds for exclusion from the admissions cycle, so you absolutely need to be certain before you submit anything.

Alright, I'll check. Thank you!
Original post by Milky1
You shouldn't need too

Need to what?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending