I want to do Sports for University , but I never done any Sports-related activity

Watch
sivan10
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I have a huge passion for Sports , especially football . I like to watch and analyse football matches especially in the Premier League or Championship. I watch other sports and I try to teach myself Player Welfare and Fitness. For University , I want to expand my knowledge on Sports & Fitness as a whole .

But the problem is, if I was to write on my Personal Statement what I did related to the course - what can I write? I never joined a club nor have I done PE for A-Levels / GCSE. I can't really write down "I play football with my friends" since its completely different to joining a football club or any sports club in general.
sivan10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
I have a huge passion for Sports , especially football . I like to watch and analyse football matches especially in the Premier League or Championship. I watch other sports and I try to teach myself Player Welfare and Fitness. For University , I want to expand my knowledge on Sports & Fitness as a whole .

But the problem is, if I was to write on my Personal Statement what I did related to the course - what can I write? I never joined a club nor have I done PE for A-Levels / GCSE. I can't really write down "I play football with my friends" since its completely different to joining a football club or any sports club in general.

I put this in Applications aswell , so this is a clone but I need help rn...
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Sports and Exercise Science is about far more than 'analysing football matches'.
It focuses on human physiology and psychology and the science of how sport / physical activity impacts the body.
"Sitting in front of the telly and talking about football" isn't a degree subject.
Sports Management : https://www.mmu.ac.uk/study/undergra...ess-management
Sports Jornalism : https://www.brighton.ac.uk/courses/s...m-ba-hons.aspx
sivan10
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
Sports and Exercise Science is about far more than 'analysing football matches'.
It focuses on human physiology and psychology and the science of how sport / physical activity impacts the body.
"Sitting in front of the telly and talking about football" isn't a degree subject.
Sports Management : https://www.mmu.ac.uk/study/undergra...ess-management
Sports Jornalism : https://www.brighton.ac.uk/courses/s...m-ba-hons.aspx
I know it is, but I only stated that because that is something I would say to show my interest in pursing the course from the beginner's level. I even mentioned Player Welfare and Fitness which is related to you saying "science of how/sport / physical activity impacts the body".

And no, I don't do "Sitting in front of the telly and talking about football", I actually watch Sky Sport's Analysis Post-Match or FMS (Football-Made Simple) to get a full understand on how a match has been played out or check the FA Bootroom and look at the recent articles written by Premier League managers by Graham Potter or Ancelotti etc. Sometimes a manager press-conference pre-match or post-match actually helps aswell. The way you said it , you make it as if I had no interest in the course at all and that I am taking a lazy route.

I already looked in into Sports Management , but I will take a look at Sports Journalism.

But, that wasn't my question at all. My question was if I was to write on my Personal Statement what I did related to the course - what can I write? I never joined a club nor have I done PE for A-Levels / GCSE. I can't really write down "I play football with my friends" since its completely different to joining a football club or any sports club in general. If i write, what I mentioned above, is that in any way acceptable?
Jandrew17
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Why not start now? Perhaps look into joining a local football club or at wherever you're current education is.
sivan10
Rep:
(Original post by Jandrew17)
Why not start now? Perhaps look into joining a local football club or at wherever you're current education is.
I have emailed the chairman of the Football Club - because I am that desperate .But I really doubt I can be accepted in the higher age groups . I have no experience at all - but I hope, the Chairman sends a positive email back. I don't want to join any other club apart from this one because they club has FA Qualified Coaches and actually has a decent history of alumni who played at this local club. Some are even playing in the Premier League

The school football club is in the wrong timing, because they host trainings on a Tuesday but I have Mathematics Stats & Mechanics intervention , which I attend because I am not doing do particularly good.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (29)
7%
October 2021 (191)
46.14%
November 2021 (42)
10.14%
December 2021 (54)
13.04%
January 2021 (45)
10.87%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (39)
9.42%