Part-time weekend LPC and full-time work?

Watch
JStevendale
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi guys!

So I want to start the LPC at ULaw this Sept, but I'm having a hard time figuring out the best way to do it because of financial reasons. So, I am considering doing the part-time weekend course and commuting from Cardiff to Bristol, until I find a full-time paralegal role, from which then I will move to Bristol to continue the course and work full-time.

Has anyone done the weekend LPC and could shed some light on the workload? Should I be doing the weekend/day course? Is there something I haven't thought of, or has anyone got a better idea? Any opinions or information are welcome and so helpful!

Thank you in advance.
Mārtiņš
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hey,

I am going in my second year of part-time weekend LLM LPC at NTU. I have uni 1 weekend a month (with some exceptions when they added a friday 2x as well) and I work a full time job.

The workload is MASSIVE. Honestly, I have never had to work this hard in my life, so my best advice is - please start preparing for your seminars early. DO NOT leave it until the last minute. Literally, spend like even 2 hours, 3-4 times a week preparing for the study weekend.

Hopefully this helps. If you have any more questions, send me a message
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
6.74%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (31)
16.06%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (33)
17.1%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (28)
14.51%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (52)
26.94%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (36)
18.65%

Watched Threads