The Student Room Group

how to reject a guy

so... started a new college and there's this guy in my maths class who just seems obsessed with me and i lowkey hate it idk why. initially he approached me after maths asking me to 'send him the homework' and i basically said no bc i was confused as to why he was asking me when we had never spoken? so then i was leaving and then he stopped me and said 'can i have your snap anyway', and i, being the stupid person i am, gave it to him bc im oblivious af.
so, i obviously was stupid and assumed we were talking as friends, and the next day after schl he ended up bumping into me as i was leaving the gates and we were walking in the same direction to leave so we talked etc. however, obviously i was oblivious and assumed it was platonic so i was being friendly and stuff. then, later in the evening we were messaging on snap (just abt schl etc) and he goes 'i was gonna ask you to lunch and i'd pay but maybe another day'(bc i had something at lunchtime on friday) AND I HAD NO CLUE WHAT TO SAY. bc this whole time i thought it was platonic and then it was like he dropped a bomb. so, me being my stupid self replies, 'maybe we'll see' thinking he'd get the hint but he replies 'calm'. IM SO DUMB.
i literally dk what to do bc im not attracted to him at all hes like a full on roadman omg. he doesnt seem rude or anything but he just wont leave me alone.
after schl on friday he caught up with me and my friend when we were walking and i RLLY hope he wasnt waiting for me or hurried to catch up w me bc he seems rlly obsessed omg. so i just kind of ignored him and he gets the hint kind of and says 'okay talk to you later' but then he's still sending me snaps and stuff its annoying.
im just nervous bc i have maths tmrw and he sits in front of me so idk what to do...
advice anyone ?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
so... started a new college and there's this guy in my maths class who just seems obsessed with me and i lowkey hate it idk why. initially he approached me after maths asking me to 'send him the homework' and i basically said no bc i was confused as to why he was asking me when we had never spoken? so then i was leaving and then he stopped me and said 'can i have your snap anyway', and i, being the stupid person i am, gave it to him bc im oblivious af.
so, i obviously was stupid and assumed we were talking as friends, and the next day after schl he ended up bumping into me as i was leaving the gates and we were walking in the same direction to leave so we talked etc. however, obviously i was oblivious and assumed it was platonic so i was being friendly and stuff. then, later in the evening we were messaging on snap (just abt schl etc) and he goes 'i was gonna ask you to lunch and i'd pay but maybe another day'(bc i had something at lunchtime on friday) AND I HAD NO CLUE WHAT TO SAY. bc this whole time i thought it was platonic and then it was like he dropped a bomb. so, me being my stupid self replies, 'maybe we'll see' thinking he'd get the hint but he replies 'calm'. IM SO DUMB.
i literally dk what to do bc im not attracted to him at all hes like a full on roadman omg. he doesnt seem rude or anything but he just wont leave me alone.
after schl on friday he caught up with me and my friend when we were walking and i RLLY hope he wasnt waiting for me or hurried to catch up w me bc he seems rlly obsessed omg. so i just kind of ignored him and he gets the hint kind of and says 'okay talk to you later' but then he's still sending me snaps and stuff its annoying.
im just nervous bc i have maths tmrw and he sits in front of me so idk what to do...
advice anyone ?

ALSO idk how he was there on friday bc he said he was going home early bc i had to stay back for a class but then he stayed back in the end??? i rlly hope he wasnt waiting for me or something HELP
Reply 2
Don’t reply to his messages and when he asks you out say you would prefer not to. Hopefully that will be enough for him to stop
Telling him "no, I'm not interested" should be enough.

If he continues with his advances, then he's a pest and you should just ignore him entirely.
Reply 4
Original post by studygirl388
Telling him "no, I'm not interested" should be enough.

If he continues with his advances, then he's a pest and you should just ignore him entirely.

thats so true but i find it so hard to say no idk why omgg
i'll give a try though tyy
Reply 5
Original post by Zarek
Don’t reply to his messages and when he asks you out say you would prefer not to. Hopefully that will be enough for him to stop

its just hard bc im gonna have to see him everyday in maths and his friend sits next to me so he'll always turn around to talk to him hgjhsgajgd
also its gonna seem so sudden that im ignoring him but i'll give it a try tyy
ive been ignoring his snaps lately so hopefully he'll get the hint but we'll see ig
Reply 6
Original post by bruh15
aw it seems like he really likes you. From my personal experience, boys do not take hints at all and will keep trying until they get a no. So just build up the courage and be straight up. Say you're happy to be friends but nothing more. Don't just ignore him without an explanation because it'll just complicate things

that is so true omg!! tysm for the advice i'll def try that ty!! <3
thats so true but i find it so hard to say no idk why omgg
i'll give a try though tyy

You shouldn't. It's your life, you are in control. I know you don't want to be blunt and come across as being harsh, but you really aren't.
Reply 8
Original post by studygirl388
You shouldn't. It's your life, you are in control. I know you don't want to be blunt and come across as being harsh, but you really aren't.

so true, tysm for the help!!
advice anyone ?

Just tell him you have no interest simple as that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending