lsatchellx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Dekiee654)
I've applied to (in order): Project Delivery, Property, Commercial and Generalist. The online test is locked for me because I just applied but I'm hoping for the best since this is my first time applying. Hopefully, I can get into SDIP if I don't make it through the Fast Stream application stages.
Can you apply for the SDIP as well as the FS?
Dekiee654
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lsatchellx)
Can you apply for the SDIP as well as the FS?
Yes. It said if you want to be considered for both, apply to the Fast Stream and it gives you the checkbox option to say whether you're interested in being considered for the SDIP as well.
lsatchellx
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Dekiee654)
Yes. It said if you want to be considered for both, apply to the Fast Stream and it gives you the checkbox option to say whether you're interested in being considered for the SDIP as well.
Omg amazing I didn’t know that thank you so much! And good luck!!!!
lojawa
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Bandyb123)
Just for info CS jobs puts the available places as follows for this year:

Social Research - 59 posts
Science and Engineering - 40 posts
Finance - 35 posts
Statistics - 40 posts
Generalists - 244 posts
House of Parliament - 5 posts
Digital - 59
HR - 56
Diplomatic -10
Project Delivery - 70
Commercial - 46
Property - 20
Diplomatic Economy - 5
Economics - 100
Operational Research - 59

Of course these may not be set in stone.
Thanks for this! Could you add the link for the source?
Bandyb123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sure, can see if it works. You literally just put the role as fast stream on CS jobs, no need to log in.

https://www.civilservicejobs.service...NjNDliYzM0Njcw
lojawa
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sure, can see if it works. You literally just put the role as fast stream on CS jobs, no need to log in.

https://www.civilservicejobs.service...NjNDliYzM0Njcw
Omg this is a revelation!
Coink
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The Case Studies were interesting, genuinely not sure how I feel they went
What does the Case Studies test involve? I didn't see that on the Fast Stream page.
Bandyb123
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Coink)
What does the Case Studies test involve? I didn't see that on the Fast Stream page.
They are after the initial 2 tests and are basically like roleplay. You take on the role of X in Y situation, get a load of info and it asks you to rate how effective options are etc.

I'm guessing the results are automatically calculated as I'm through to the video interview now.
voltb
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Anyone else got the impression that the Situational Judgement tests (both interpersonal and thinking) use a terrible scale and essentially revolve around ending up, by happenstance, on the 'right' side of the interpretive flexibility of the case descriptions? The scale (counterproductive to effective) forces you to make assumptions, as sometimes you do not have the information necessary to evaluate the effectiveness of a proposed statement and there's no 'impossible to say' option.
rroser
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Anyone have any advice for the work based scenarios I'm abit nervous!
ray300193
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
They are after the initial 2 tests and are basically like roleplay. You take on the role of X in Y situation, get a load of info and it asks you to rate how effective options are etc.

I'm guessing the results are automatically calculated as I'm through to the video interview now.
Already???

That's much earlier than last year I think!

Congrats on the interview
lsatchellx
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

How did you prepare???
NOW1985
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I've applied for HR, Project Delivery, Generalist & Digital.

I completed the first set of tests (questionnaires) and feedback states "shows strong alignment to Fast Stream"

Just waiting for the next to be unlocked.
ray300193
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just completed the final two tests and so far have scored strong / above average in all, hoping this will put me forward for an interview.
ray300193
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by NOW1985)
I've applied for HR, Project Delivery, Generalist & Digital.

I completed the first set of tests (questionnaires) and feedback states "shows strong alignment to Fast Stream"

Just waiting for the next to be unlocked.
Well done!
Hadrian98
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Anyone know if the test scores are cumulative? I got strong alignment/above average in 5 out of 6 of the tests, but below average on the final one. I think I'll be fine if it's cumulative, but if the final two tests stand on their own I think I'm done for.
DMula5055
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Hadrian98)
Anyone know if the test scores are cumulative? I got strong alignment/above average in 5 out of 6 of the tests, but below average on the final one. I think I'll be fine if it's cumulative, but if the final two tests stand on their own I think I'm done for.
I’m not even sure but this happened to me last year. My final test wasn’t that good and when I got the results it said I hadn’t moved on to the next stage. Quite annoying considering all my others were above average
Hadrian98
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DMula5055)
I’m not even sure but this happened to me last year. My final test wasn’t that good and when I got the results it said I hadn’t moved on to the next stage. Quite annoying considering all my others were above average
Thanks for your reply; that's frustrating. I guess I've nothing left to do now but wait and hope for the best. GLA.
Bandyb123
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Hadrian98)
If I recall correctly the test scores are separate at each stage. 1st 2 get you through to the case studies, case studies through to the interview, but after that they are not a factor.
Bandyb123
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lsatchellx)
How did you prepare???
For the case studies? You can’t really, all the info you need is in the materials given for them. Just make sure you pay close attention to the info you are given, it isn’t timed so that takes a lot of pressure off.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (252)
57.53%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (58)
13.24%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (47)
10.73%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (38)
8.68%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
5.48%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
4.34%

Watched Threads