soupdragon15
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DMula5055)
I definitely agree with you on the SJQ thinking tests. I’ve just finished it and my results were average but I found it quite hard too.
Same here! Honestly I find Civil Service interviews to be much easier than their online tests, at least with the interviews you can connect each question to a specific behaviour/success profile
CasW
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Current civil servant here, about to start a new HEO role in a digital profession but thought I’d apply again after applying unsuccessfully when I graduated a couple of years ago. 1.Digital 2. Project Delivery 3.Generalist 4. Diplomatic (as there was nothing else realistic I fancied, put my French degree to use 😂)

I scored
WSQ1: a lot of alignment
SJQ Interpersonal: above average
SJQ Thinking: average
WSQ2: above average

Pretty much immediately unlocked the work case scenarios and did them both this morning but only scored average so not looking too hopeful 😩
DMula5055
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My work case scenarios have unlocked now but I will probably do them tomorrow. I'm surprised it has unlocked so quickly because in the FAQ's it says we will get results of the online tests by the end of October but I'm glad it is faster this time round.
DMula5055
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by soupdragon15)
Same here! Honestly I find Civil Service interviews to be much easier than their online tests, at least with the interviews you can connect each question to a specific behaviour/success profile
Yeah I do think the online interviews are easier but I do get quite nervous when it comes to interviews in general so i don't always find them easy.
jbrankin07
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Completed the 4 tests today and I wasn't expecting the results so quickly. I've now only got tomorrow to prepare and complete the Work Based Scenario/Learning Assessment tests. I'm working full-time from Monday and my brain will be pooped by the end of a work day. T_T
Last edited by jbrankin07; 4 weeks ago
rachelward
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Anyone got results for the WBS yet? I found the case study pretty easy but the learning assessment a lot harder. Guessing it will be a while till I hear!
Bandyb123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by rachelward)
Anyone got results for the WBS yet? I found the case study pretty easy but the learning assessment a lot harder. Guessing it will be a while till I hear!
I got mine after about 30 minutes and they were only in the above average range so nothing special.
rachelward
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Bandyb123)
I got mine after about 30 minutes and they were only in the above average range so nothing special.
Think I must be in the amber zone to be honest. Did mine yesterday and haven’t heard anything. I got above av and av.
Dekiee654
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
My results:

WSQ1: a lot of alignment
SJQ Interpersonal - average
SJQ Thinking - average
WSQ2: above average

I'm not too sure what to think of my results. On the one hand, I'm happy I didn't get below average on any of my tests, especially on the SQJ Thinking test, but seeing how competitive the FS has me a bit worried that I haven't done good enough. I guess only time will tell... hopefully the work-based scenario will unlock for me in the next couple of days... fingers crossed.
ADDICTIVERUNNER
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This question may have been asked before but do you have to complete all the tests for each round in one sitting or can you split them on different days / sittings. In the past when I have applied I have done each round in one go but this year I would like to space them out if possible so my brain doesn't feel mushed.

Any information on this would be much appreciated.
Last edited by ADDICTIVERUNNER; 3 weeks ago
Bandyb123
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
When you start a test you have to finish it but you can split them over a couple of days. You just have to do a section within 5 days of it unlocking to be honest. I unlocked my interview Thursday but I won’t do it until Monday as I have the house to myself.
lojawa
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Regarding the ‘averages’ that we’re scored against for the initial online tests (and indeed the rest of the process), does anyone know what this actually reflects? Is the average taken from applicants who have already completed the 2021/22 application online tests since 23rd Sept, i.e. are we competing against each other, or are we being scored by some other means, such as average results over the past few years?

If it’s the former, then I would think that our results would fluctuate until all applicants have taken their tests.
Gnoxxic
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi,I submitted my tests yesterday, my results were:
WSQ1: averageSJQ
Interpersonal: above average
SJQ Thinking: averageWSQ2: above average

Still haven't had my results... I did apply for HOP and Diplomatic though (not fully realizing just QUITE how competitive they are lol,) what do you think? Anyone with experience from last year or before any words of reassurance for me at this stage?
Last edited by Gnoxxic; 3 weeks ago
Seker
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey everyone - back again for another go

I got above average in all the tests apart from thinking skills which was average - an improvement on last year as I got a below average in thinking skills which meant I didn’t progress to the WBS.

Kinda was hoping I would have got through to the next stage automatically but it’s been nearly an hour after submitting and no email!

Did everyone else find out straight away if they got through?
bbfitzroy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Seker)
Hey everyone - back again for another go

I got above average in all the tests apart from thinking skills which was average - an improvement on last year as I got a below average in thinking skills which meant I didn’t progress to the WBS.

Kinda was hoping I would have got through to the next stage automatically but it’s been nearly an hour after submitting and no email!

Did everyone else find out straight away if they got through?
I got the exact same scores as you and my WBS unlocked immediately. It may depend on which streams you applied for; this year I tried to increase my chances of getting through by selecting Generalist, HR, Digital, and Project Delivery, whereas last year I put Dipolamatic as my first choice and didn't score well in the tests
Last edited by bbfitzroy; 3 weeks ago
Seker
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bbfitzroy)
I got the exact same scores as you and my WBS unlocked immediately. It may depend on which streams you applied for; this year I tried to increase my chances of getting through by selecting Generalist, HR, Digital, and Project Delivery, whereas last year I put Dipolamatic as my first choice and didn't score well in the tests
Ah thanks - science and engineering and diplomatic are my 1st and 2nd choice tho I have selected generalist and HoP as well

I guess I’ll be amber banded but hopefully I’ll get through
kkk223
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Has anyone unlocked the Video Interview yet? I just finished my work-based scenarios but haven't yet heard if I have been successful or not. I scored 'above average' on both the Case Study and Learning Assessment.
soupdragon15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by kkk223)
Has anyone unlocked the Video Interview yet? I just finished my work-based scenarios but haven't yet heard if I have been successful or not. I scored 'above average' on both the Case Study and Learning Assessment.
Same situation for me! Guess it'll be a bit of a wait.........
memerson22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Just completed everything I could, got to the work based scenarios and did those, but didn't do very well. Think it's very unlikely I'll get any further to video interview stage. Everything else unlocked pretty much immediately for me, but on case study one I got average and on learning assessment I got below average.. Yikes! Has other people's ones loaded straight away to video interview? Wondering if there might be a wait of humanistic element as everything so far has been automated. Not fancying my chances though based on that...
toofatcatz
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I applied for Diplomatic and Social Research, got two average and two above average/strong alignment. Did it yesterday and still haven't heard anything back. Reckon im also in the amber band, although now that I realise how competitive Diplo is I doubt I'll go any further.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (251)
57.44%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (58)
13.27%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (47)
10.76%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (38)
8.7%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
5.49%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
4.35%

Watched Threads