The Student Room Group

bleached hair

i dyed my hair blonde from naturally medium brown hair and it’s gone very weird. two months before this i used semi permanent black hair dye but it was faded and i removed most of it with colour remover. However the roots are really really blonde but the rest is all just a kind of gingery/peachy/slightly yellow colour and no matter what I do to it it won’t change colour. what can i do ?? also will it work to dye my hair purple in its current state, if not, what would be a better colour. thank you.
You could possibly see a professional hairdresser to see their insight on it instead of you going ahead with something that might end up making your hair worse
It's a bit late now but for future reference, you're supposed to bleach your roots last to avoid them lightening more than the rest of your hair. You say you've tried everything to fix it, what exactly have you tried? The best option is probably to wait a week and bleach it again as long as your hair doesn't seem too damaged (get a professional opinion on this if you aren't sure). If not, it might still work. I used colour remover to get rid of permanent dark brown hair dye and ended up light ginger ends. I then dyed it purple and it turned out fine. Obviously if you want it to look it's best and avoid risking it looking bad/damaging your hair go see a professional hairdresser.
Original post by RachelxPixie
It's a bit late now but for future reference, you're supposed to bleach your roots last to avoid them lightening more than the rest of your hair. You say you've tried everything to fix it, what exactly have you tried? The best option is probably to wait a week and bleach it again as long as your hair doesn't seem too damaged (get a professional opinion on this if you aren't sure). If not, it might still work. I used colour remover to get rid of permanent dark brown hair dye and ended up light ginger ends. I then dyed it purple and it turned out fine. Obviously if you want it to look it's best and avoid risking it looking bad/damaging your hair go see a professional hairdresser.

I did the ends for longer than the roots and i’ve dyed them a couple times but they just won’t get any lighter no matter how many times i bleach my hair 👍 but luckily it’s in quite decent condition still

Quick Reply

Latest