The Student Room Group

My laptop charger is making weird noises.

Hi everyone so I plugged my laptop charger in and it made noises and now I am trying to get it out but it is making weird sounds that sound like electric shocks should I take it out, even though it is making those noises?
(edited 2 years ago)
Pls help my laptop is on 20% and I need my charger 😭😭😭😭😭😭
If your charger is plugged in, why isn't it charging?
Original post by cleveranimal56
If your charger is plugged in, why isn't it charging?

It is because I use my computer and try not to plug it in whilst it is plugged in because I think it ruins the battery or sum.
Original post by TSR User_123
Hi everyone so I plugged my laptop charger in and it made noises and now I am trying to get it out but it is making weird sounds that sound like electric shocks should I take it out, even though it is making those noises?

Your thread has been moved to the forum Technology and Computers. I have also re-named your thread to 'My laptop charger is making weird noises.'. Hopefully, you will get more responses. :yy:
try not to plug it in whilst it is plugged in

^?

Also are the noises just when you are inserting/removing plugs, or continuously?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by 5hyl33n
Your thread has been moved to the forum Technology and Computers. I have also re-named your thread to 'My laptop charger is making weird noises.'. Hopefully, you will get more responses. :yy:

Thank you!>3
Original post by IrrelevantName03
^?

Also are the noises just when you are inserting/removing plugs, or continuously?

Yes it is when I put it in and removed it but this one time is made, alot of noises like crackling and like electric sparks.
Yes it is when I put it in and removed it but this one time is made, alot of noises like crackling and like electric sparks.

First things first using the computer while it is charging doesn’t damage the battery really. Also would it be possible for you to record the sound and put it up here?
Without hearing the sound it would be really hard to identify the problem, it would also be helpful for us to have some photos of the charging lead and the charging stick

If it's only when you are inserting and removing plugs, and only on the mains side (i.e. the thicker cable that plugs into the wall), it's probably just dirt on the pins or your wall socket. Try using another socket and/or cleaning the pins.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending