The Student Room Group

What kind of activities make your cv/uni application stand out the most?

What things could you advise I do to have the best cv application for uni? Is it volunteering, charity work, clubs, enrichments or things like extra courses which look the best? What stands out most to an interviewer? I'm in year 12 if that helps. :smile:
Some ideas
Language classes
Part time work
After school clubs and societies
Reply 2
Original post by miagonzelos
What things could you advise I do to have the best cv application for uni? Is it volunteering, charity work, clubs, enrichments or things like extra courses which look the best? What stands out most to an interviewer? I'm in year 12 if that helps. :smile:

Things relevant to your subject. Think relevant online courses, relevant work experience, wider reading, and attending lectures. Don't waste your time doing DofE, NCS etc. Everyone does them and universities don't care. Sure, do stuff you enjoy, but certainly don't do an extra-curricular for the sake of putting it on your personal statement. Things like Model UN, debating and Amnesty are also good if you're more humanities-inclined.
Reply 3
It isn't really about what you do, more how you can apply it to your course and therefore career later on, for instance if you did volunteering, yes it looks good but try sbd make that volunteering in an area you are interested in/applying to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending