The Student Room Group

Am I being friendzoned?

I'm talking to this guy, and I'm flirting so normally he sends an extra x is I send something, or just the same amount. Today he sent one less so this is how the convo went:

Me: Talk soon xxx
Him: Xx
Me: Ouch. OK lol
Him: You're so sensitive! 😜
Me: Yeah when it comes to you
Him: I'm not that special 💙
Me: Neither am I- perfect 💚

He has been a little off, he did say he was busy, but he's been on other social media platforms ok.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I'm talking to this guy, and I'm flirting so normally he sends an extra x is I send something, or just the same amount. Today he sent one less so this is how the convo went:

Me: Talk soon xxx
Him: Xx
Me: Ouch. OK lol
Him: You're so sensitive! 😜
Me: Yeah when it comes to you
Him: I'm not that special 💙
Me: Neither am I- perfect 💚

He has been a little off, he did say he was busy, but he's been on other social media platforms ok.

Ugh I messed up one text.
Him: You're so sensitive 😜 xxx

tbats the real text he sent
um if hes talking to u like that........

Spoiler

Reply 3
Original post by Bubbles_1234
um if hes talking to u like that........

Spoiler

thanks for nothing :frown:
thanks for nothing :frown:

i answered your question :dontknow:
Reply 5
i answered your question :dontknow:

...Oh. Yeah I only clicked on it once the first time lol

I dunno, he didnt seem very available today but he was on social media and a question and answers website we know answering questions.
What? Is this what teenagers worry about these da- oh wait. That's exactly the sort of things teenagers have always been worrying about. :laugh:

Don't worry OP, he probably didn't even notice or was just messing about. Best to ask him if it's making you go nuts.
...Oh. Yeah I only clicked on it once the first time lol

I dunno, he didnt seem very available today but he was on social media and a question and answers website we know answering questions.

well i think he was just busy today if he acts like for a few more days maybe something is up
Reply 8
Original post by jenerous
What? Is this what teenagers worry about these da- oh wait. That's exactly the sort of things teenagers have always been worrying about. :laugh:

Don't worry OP, he probably didn't even notice or was just messing about. Best to ask him if it's making you go nuts.

We're in our early 20s 😶
I dont want to ask because I dont want to seem too clingy.
Yesterday he was being kind of affectionate and the night before he said "💚u" but this is my ex and he broke up with me. He wanted to be friends. So, yeah I dont want to flat out ask him. He knows I like him
Reply 9
well i think he was just busy today if he acts like for a few more days maybe something is up

ok, thanks. I'll just see how it goes
ok, thanks. I'll just see how it goes

dw keep your hopes up :biggrin:
We're in our early 20s 😶
I dont want to ask because I dont want to seem too clingy.
Yesterday he was being kind of affectionate and the night before he said "💚u" but this is my ex and he broke up with me. He wanted to be friends. So, yeah I dont want to flat out ask him. He knows I like him

Ah, pardon me.
So you're asking if your ex has friendzoned you because he sent you one less 'x' in his text?
Ah, pardon me.
So you're asking if your ex has friendzoned you because he sent you one less 'x' in his text?

Well he ended it with me in May, and it was me making the effort for a while, but recently, for the last 2 weeks he's been making effort again with me. He said he appreciates me a lot and all, but the night before he said 💚u. I dont know where that came from, he hasnt said that since 5th May... yeah a while ago. Yesterday morning he said "Good Morning, you're a beautiful person" on text. Now I'm not sure if im expecting too much from him, but I thought we were moving closer, and today he's just been busy and not giving me that kind of attention as much.
Ah, pardon me.

Just to clarify, I was more concerned with the "I'm not that special" line. Like is he encouraging me to not get my hopes up with him?
Just to clarify, I was more concerned with the "I'm not that special" line. Like is he encouraging me to not get my hopes up with him?

He just wants you to take into consideration that he is not superman.
He just wants you to know that he is just a random man. And he has flaws.
Well he ended it with me in May, and it was me making the effort for a while, but recently, for the last 2 weeks he's been making effort again with me. He said he appreciates me a lot and all, but the night before he said 💚u. I dont know where that came from, he hasnt said that since 5th May... yeah a while ago. Yesterday morning he said "Good Morning, you're a beautiful person" on text. Now I'm not sure if im expecting too much from him, but I thought we were moving closer, and today he's just been busy and not giving me that kind of attention as much.

Right. So, this is more about the lack of attention you've been receiving from him, rather than the minuscule details in his texting.

Honestly, I can't give an accurate answer as I can't read minds. But, if you genuinely want to be in this relationship again, I think it's best for you to make that clear to him and see what's his stance is. Also, try to work on yourself and not be too attached on others and have extraordinary expectations as that is never the reality, and can often be off-putting as well as harmful for you.
Original post by Ackhnologia
He just wants you to take into consideration that he is not superman.
He just wants you to know that he is just a random man. And he has flaws.

maybe that's what he meant... I hope so
Right. So, this is more about the lack of attention you've been receiving from him, rather than the minuscule details in his texting.

Honestly, I can't give an accurate answer as I can't read minds. But, if you genuinely want to be in this relationship again, I think it's best for you to make that clear to him and see what's his stance is. Also, try to work on yourself and not be too attached on others and have extraordinary expectations as that is never the reality, and can often be off-putting as well as harmful for you.

Yeah, I've been working on myself since May. I didnt take the breakup well at all, we've been messy for a while but we are starting to get along again since we wanted to be friends, but he said "💚u" last night and since then that has been messing with me. I did respond "💚u2" and the following night he said Good morning the way he used to. I didnt think I would have hope again so I left it and was happy as friends but since that text..

Yeah, he was busy. He didnt really give me the same attention today even though he was on this question and answers website we are following each other on... so he was available at times but wasn't thinking of talking to me? I guess I'll just see what happens with us
Yeah, I've been working on myself since May. I didnt take the breakup well at all, we've been messy for a while but we are starting to get along again since we wanted to be friends, but he said "💚u" last night and since then that has been messing with me. I did respond "💚u2" and the following night he said Good morning the way he used to. I didnt think I would have hope again so I left it and was happy as friends but since that text..

Yeah, he was busy. He didnt really give me the same attention today even though he was on this question and answers website we are following each other on... so he was available at times but wasn't thinking of talking to me? I guess I'll just see what happens with us

Do you like him? Do you want something to happen?
If that is the case, do not wait for him to make all the effort.
Do things that will lead you there.
Original post by Ackhnologia
Do you like him? Do you want something to happen?
If that is the case, do not wait for him to make all the effort.
Do things that will lead you there.

Yeah I actually love him. I've known him for 2 years, dated for about 7 months and broke up in May. If it was up to me we would have never split up. Hes started to appreciate me again since he's had more time to himself and less arguments with me. He did tell me he really appreciated me and is happy with how we are and wants that to contunue, like the good vibes.

What would lead me there? I've already listened to what he wants from me, which is less arguments like we used to, that led to our breakup, and clingyness from me. I was going through an incredibly rough time back then and the clingyness only started for the last 2 months of us dating because I was so unhappy, but things have changed and I've kind of gone back to.normal since things have gotten better and less demanding of his time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending