The Student Room Group

Great British Bake Off 2021

It starts a week today so I thought I'd get the thread up as I'm getting really excited now!!

Scroll to see replies

aww I’m literally so excited I love this show so much!! :smile:
ooh i didn't realise it started so soon :awesome:
@DrawTheLine get in here :tongue:
And the contestants have been revealed, with thanks to @CatusStarbright for the heads-up: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58544950
(edited 2 years ago)
Hype :woo:
Im so gutted that I have to wait until Friday's to watch it and somehow avoid spoilers from everyone back home until it hits Netflix! Really wish All4 worked over a VPN would be much easier
following cannot wait
So excited :awesome: :woo: Definitely gonna be showing my international flatmate it as they told me they only have their countries version where they live back home, not the official GBBO :colondollar:
I have to watch it on catch up this year (tv liscence and uni yadadada), but looking forward to watching it though!!! :groovy:
(edited 2 years ago)
Today is the day!
Very excited for this again! It's starting to feel like quite a while since the last series as well so well overdue!

And I have Kinder brownies as my first GBBO bake of the series...
Sehr, sehr glücklich mit so 'nem Ergebnis! :woo:

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)
It was a great first episode; I'm looking forward to see how the new bakers learn and develop - especially in regards to improving their finesse!
When your internet cuts out halfway through the showstopper judging :redface:
This week is german week. Signatures are german biscuits (dibs on leibkuchen)

Technical is likely prinztorte

Showstopper will be a yeast cake
(edited 2 years ago)
It's getting to the point in the competition where it's quite sad to say goodbye to the contestants each week. We've now reached the point where we've got to know them enough for that to happen.
Who do you guys reckon will be in the final.

I reckon Giuseppe, Jurgen are guaranteed. The ladt person is tricky. I reckon it is likely to be chiggs or izzie.
Original post by quasa
Who do you guys reckon will be in the final.

I reckon Giuseppe, Jurgen are guaranteed. The ladt person is tricky. I reckon it is likely to be chiggs or izzie.

Chigs to win, Giuseppe runner up. I don't think Jürgen will be in the final though, I think he'll go maybe in the semi or one of the couple of weeks before that.
I don't think Jurgen will win - the winner is usually just someone who has been consistently good and not necessarily always at the top of the class.
Original post by CatusStarbright
I don't think Jurgen will win - the winner is usually just someone who has been consistently good and not necessarily always at the top of the class.

I think it'll be someone who shows they've come on in ability quite a lot, and then has a very, very strong final showstopper. Chigs is my favourite to be that person right now, but a couple of others might be that person!
Original post by Saracen's Fez
I think it'll be someone who shows they've come on in ability quite a lot, and then has a very, very strong final showstopper. Chigs is my favourite to be that person right now, but a couple of others might be that person!

Agreed!

Quick Reply

Latest