The Student Room Group

Uni of Portsmouth societies

Should I start to look to join societies online (in Fcaebook groups) now or should I wait until I start the university?
Is it wise to pre-book for events in Freshers week or should I wait later?
Original post by aj9021
Should I start to look to join societies online (in Fcaebook groups) now or should I wait until I start the university?

At most universities all the societies attend freshers fair, they usually have a stall where current members of that society will attend, here you can speak to them, get an idea about the activities of the society and their upcoming events. Usually, they have lots of introductory events in the first few weeks of University so its a great time to see if you would enjoy the activities of that society! In terms of the other events in Freshers week if there any event that you are interested in then definitely book them - its a great way to keep busy, meet new people and try new activities in freshers week.

I hope you enjoy it!

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Reply 2
Thank you for explaining :smile:
Original post by aj9021

Hi!

Congrats on starting at UoP! @University of Liverpool Student Rep was right, but also I just wanted to add that the Student's Union will be hosting a Freshers Fayre where you can go booth to booth of all our societies and sports teams so you can talk to the reps, and that will be from the 4th to 8th of October, so definitley check that out! There will also be stands of local businesses and restaurants offering discounts. As for the events, you may need to get tickets but they're free at you can do this online now or later it's up to you! Hope this helps and that you have a great start to your time with us! Anything else, lmk!

Samantha, Official UoP Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending