Children aged 12-15 to be offered covid jab at schools in England

Watch
BlinkyBill
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
All children aged 12 to 15 in England will be offered one dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech Covid jab, Vaccines Minister Nadhim Zahawi has said.

Check out the full story.

If you're a student aged 12-15, how do you feel about being offered a covid jab?
Yasuda
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
only one dose?
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Yasuda)
only one dose?
Yes just one
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
surprised they werent offered them sooner given I think they seem to be some of ther worst spreaders from schools, colleges etc.
Yasuda
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Yes just one
why? isn't it pointless unless you get two?
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I guess the they think one jab is enough for children as in my opinion they’re not at high risk of getting very poorly anyway and they have to balance that tiny risk with the other tiny risk of someone having a bad reaction to a vaccine
caravaggio2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
So the kids will all know who has been jabbed and who hasn't? This has lead to lots of bullying and pile ons in adult work places already. What do they think is going to happen when medical privacy is breached so openly in the very home of the biggest bullies in the country.....schools?
HansLuben
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Apparently the heart inflammation side affect is more of a problem the younger the jabbed.
Ducky Donna
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Well they should be jabbed, I been double jabbed before I got to uni, I don't wanna be in a grave
Yewfelle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Does anyone know how homeschooled kids can get covid jabs?
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
?
Report 21 hours ago
(Original post by Yewfelle)
Does anyone know how homeschooled kids can get covid jabs?
go to a walk in centre.
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
?
Report 21 hours ago
I'm just waiting for the green light so I can take my kids. My third eldest will be 12 on 24th, so as soon after that as possible. (the other two are 14 for the next eldest, and the eldest will be 16 on 25th.)

I wouldn't be comfortable with them having a second dose though just yet with there being a risk of myocarditis and pericarditis. Just the one dose for now makes sense.
anime<3gaming
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 hours ago
Wont be having it. Not until long-term data has been recorded, as in in a few years time when more tests have been conducted after 1 year, 2 years etc. Because I simply dont like how this has come out and how governments are pushing people to take it like offering freebies or using it as blackmail to threaten you out of society. If they had just said 'theres the vaccine, if you want it take it, if you dont, dont expect sympathy if you get seriously ill' and that would have convinced me, but they are pushing and coercing people and using the media as a tool. Im sick of facebook shoving it in my face and same with youtube with the NHS channel. Even when you watch one you notice they dont allow commenting or hidden it all.

If people have concerns the government squashes it instead of apporaching the issue. I know theres side effects for a long of drugs etc but to me they are terrified if you dont take it despite still living normally. I think offering more than 1 tells me its either too potent for the body or the 1st one doesnt even work. If they are offering a 3rd then that tells me the 2nd doesnt work.

Given my job Id say Iv already had it and not felt a thing. So Id rather rely on my immune system than take something that will literally force my body into something that may harm my within a year or future.

So its a no from me
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 9 hours ago
No. The Pfizer vaccine is 52% effective after one shot, which would lead to a significant reduction in cases.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 9 hours ago
(Original post by caravaggio2)
So the kids will all know who has been jabbed and who hasn't? This has lead to lots of bullying and pile ons in adult work places already. What do they think is going to happen when medical privacy is breached so openly in the very home of the biggest bullies in the country.....schools?
Presumably you also believe that there should be no free school meals because it might lead to bullying?
We do not decide whether or not co carry out important and beneficial programmes on the basis of what a few ********s might do.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 9 hours ago
(Original post by HansLuben)
Apparently the heart inflammation side affect is more of a problem the younger the jabbed.
It is not "a problem" in any group. The incidence is extremely low, and far lower than the rate occurring in those contracting Covid.
Also, cases usually occur after the second dose, so even less of a non-issue with people only having one jab.

Jeez, the anti-vaxxers and tinfoil covidiots will grasp at any straw to push their bonkers agenda, no matter how insubstantial.
HansLuben
Rep:
?
Report 5 hours ago
(Original post by QE2)
It is not "a problem" in any group. The incidence is extremely low, and far lower than the rate occurring in those contracting Covid.
Also, cases usually occur after the second dose, so even less of a non-issue with people only having one jab.

Jeez, the anti-vaxxers and tinfoil covidiots will grasp at any straw to push their bonkers agenda, no matter how insubstantial.
I'm not anti-vax, I just think using an experimental vaccine on large numbers of people without proper testing for a very survivable virus is a very bad idea.
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 3 hours ago
i'm not 12-15 years old and i'm not a parent; it'll be interesting to see how this rolls out tho and how many 12-15 year olds opt in for the vaccine. one thing i recko was obvious all through the pandemic/lockdown is the bag of mixed messages the government and the media, particularly, have been feeding young people and young adults about Covid and it's risks etc towards them; i mean even just the BBC article in the OP exemplifies. first it says:

'...the UK's four chief medical officers recommended the single dose for 12 to 15-year-olds - who are deemed at very low risk from the disease - saying factors such as disruption to education tipped the balance.'

right. so chief medical officers say this age group is at 'very low risk', so... what would cause this disruption to education? (if i missed something in the article please let me know ).

then you get commentary from a correspondent at the BBC estimating the vaccine 'may stop 30,000 infections between October and March in England.

'if that is the case that would prevent 110,000 missed days of in-person schooling - or one day for every 20 children. The attention given to this issue is, perhaps, rather disproportionate.'

right. so what is a parent or a young person who is undecided on the vaccine supposed to take away from this when the article makes it sound unnecessary on one hand yet 'recommended' on the other despite, as the article points out, for young people there are 'marginal health benefit identified by vaccine advisory body the JCVI'? :confused:
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 30 minutes ago
(Original post by HansLuben)
using an experimental vaccine on large numbers of people without proper testing for a very survivable virus is a very bad idea.
You make a reasonable point.
Except it is not an experimental vaccine. It has been properly tested. Covid has already killed millions and incapacitated more.
But apart from that, good post :congrats:
HansLuben
Rep:
?
Report 6 minutes ago
(Original post by QE2)
You make a reasonable point.
Except it is not an experimental vaccine. It has been properly tested. Covid has already killed millions and incapacitated more.
But apart from that, good post :congrats:
By properly tested I mean over a long period to see what all the side affects are, you can't do that with less than a year of testing and some serious ones have already emerged albeit not affecting very many people.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (324)
83.94%
No (62)
16.06%

Watched Threads