The Student Room Group

4 months & still no Provisional Driving License

I applied online for my provisional driving license around early June. Sent the return form back in 23rd June. Been waiting for my license for nearly 4 months now. I’ve contacted DVLA so many times but to no avail & their webchat is pretty much useless. This is getting ridiculous . Anyone else who did it online & still waiting for theirs? How many months if so? Pls share
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
I applied for mine at the end of July and it still hasn't come. On this link it says which date it's processing https://www.gov.uk/guidance/dvla-coronavirus-covid-19-update
Reply 3
Original post by qwasdj
I applied for mine at the end of July and it still hasn't come. On this link it says which date it's processing https://www.gov.uk/guidance/dvla-coronavirus-covid-19-update

I thought paper & online applications were different?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I thought paper & online applications were different?

I applied online but had a form sent in the post I had to fill in too?
Reply 5
Original post by qwasdj
I applied online but had a form sent in the post I had to fill in too?

Pretty sure for the paper application DVLA sends you a form to fill out that is equivalent to the online form. Return forms are for sending ID & additional documents I think? Their website states that the online application takes quicker to process than the paper one. My tracking status still says “awaiting return form”. Does urs say that too?
Reply 6
Pretty sure for the paper application DVLA sends you a form to fill out that is equivalent to the online form. Return forms are for sending ID & additional documents I think? Their website states that the online application takes quicker to process than the paper one. My tracking status still says “awaiting return form”. Does urs say that too?

Yeah mines the same they're awaiting the return form have been for ages :frown:
Send mine off on the 19th of June and hasn't arrived yet either :frown:
Have you gotten your identity documents back?
I'm pretty sure you don't need to send any documents through. I literally just sent my passport number and a photo as I checked on the website. If you have a UK Passport number, you don't need any other pieces of information nor need to send the passport across.

I sent mine sometime at the start of August and still haven't gotten it
Have you gotten your identity documents back?

I provided my passport number on the online form so didn’t need to post identification documents. I’ve heard from a few who did send theirs haven’t received their documents back which must suck. What did u do?
Original post by HxTrinity
I'm pretty sure you don't need to send any documents through. I literally just sent my passport number and a photo as I checked on the website. If you have a UK Passport number, you don't need any other pieces of information nor need to send the passport across.

I sent mine sometime at the start of August and still haven't gotten it

Yh I did the same too. I provided my passport number online. I just had to post the return form which DVLA had sent after completing the online form. What’s your tracking status like?
Original post by qwasdj
Yeah mines the same they're awaiting the return form have been for ages :frown:

Let me know once u receive ur license plsss. I’ll keep u updated if/when I receive mine
Hi I did my application on the 26/7/21 and I sent my photo off on the 28/9/21 and it was outside of the timeframe provided . Will this cancel my whole application. It still says waiting for return form . It’s been 4 months now !
Original post by Morganpitt
Hi I did my application on the 26/7/21 and I sent my photo off on the 28/9/21 and it was outside of the timeframe provided . Will this cancel my whole application. It still says waiting for return form . It’s been 4 months now !

Did DVLA ask u to send ur photo by any chance? I submitted mine in June but they sent back my return form in September. So I had to mail a new return form with my photos attached. DVLA have received it as I had tracked it. It’s now December & still no update
I've been waiting roughly 4 months now aswell and I'm in desperate need of my paperwork back never mind the id I've tried to contact them countless times and they are absolutely useless you would think they would get their act together as they are such a big company but it's sad tbh I've been held back on so much without it and alot of other people to
Original post by Cameronjr
I've been waiting roughly 4 months now aswell and I'm in desperate need of my paperwork back never mind the id I've tried to contact them countless times and they are absolutely useless you would think they would get their act together as they are such a big company but it's sad tbh I've been held back on so much without it and alot of other people to

My friend received his licence after 7 whole months of waiting!! Pretty much had lost all hope & even forgot about his application at one point. So my advice to u is to be patient 😭. Hope it works out for u!!
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply