Student finance website not working

Watch
amber2106
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi I’m a clearing applicant who was offered a place at university pretty late. I know I have also left it very late but I have not been able to to access the student finance website at all . It seems like after I wait in the queue to login, the page freezes and I cannot type anything .
What should I do
Any help appreciated
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Try a different internet provider (try using your phone data instead of wifi).

If that doesn’t work then you’ll need to fill in the pdf form and send it in by post.
MedicWil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
PQ is correct about trying it using a different ISP however, that should be your second step

The first thing you should do is try another web browser as a lot of websites (especially legacy sites like SFE) still only work correctly with certain browsers and not others.
In the case of SFE, assuming you're currently using Chrome, I'd try using Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge to see if it works then

Also if trying a different browser and ISP don't fix the issue then the best thing to do as your 3rd step is to try it on another computer if you have access to one. You can also try it on a smart phone or tablet if you don't.
Last edited by MedicWil; 5 days ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Basically virgin media has a history of blocking the SFE website for all users :mad: )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.43%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.57%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.57%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.71%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (47)
26.86%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.86%

Watched Threads