The Student Room Group

My brother came home from school crying

Because our parent picked him up from school late, he was crying waiting outside his school, he finishes at 2.45 and I think they got to his school around 3.05

Scroll to see replies

how old is he? If young then the school shouldn't have let him out until the parent was there, if older then maybe a 20 min wait is not something to cry about
Reply 2
Original post by ReadingMum
how old is he? If young then the school shouldn't have let him out until the parent was there, if older then maybe a 20 min wait is not something to cry about

Original post by Anonymous

he's not 6...

I was commuting to school on the tube on my own in year 9.
Reply 5
Original post by summerbirdreads
he's not 6...

I mean it is a bit frustrating just waiting there standing around after a long school day and you just want to go home
I mean it is a bit frustrating just waiting there standing around after a long school day and you just want to go home

it was only 20 mins
Reply 7
Original post by hungrysalamander
I was commuting to school on the tube on my own in year 9.

Our parents said its probably best if he gets lifts
They should make an agreement that if your parents don't come until 3.00 he can go himself
Reply 9
Original post by summerbirdreads
it was only 20 mins

But when you are there waiting it feels like longer, trust me when I was at school I used to get picked up late
Original post by a_human_being?
They should make an agreement that if your parents don't come until 3.00 he can go himself

I might pick him up instead
Our parents said its probably best if he gets lifts

Sounds like your parents are being overprotective. Are there any busses or other modes of transport between his school and your house?
Sounds like your parents are being overprotective. Are there any busses or other modes of transport between his school and your house?

Yh
What's the point of this thread?
Are you asking whether he should suck it up, whether your parent should make alternative arrangements or something else?
Yh

Maybe take him on the bus with you until he can go to school/back home on his own.
Original post by Rufus The Red
What's the point of this thread?
Are you asking whether he should suck it up, whether your parent should make alternative arrangements or something else?

I don't know
Because our parent picked him up from school late, he was crying waiting outside his school, he finishes at 2.45 and I think they got to his school around 3.05

That can’t be the reason why he was crying
Maybe take him on the bus with you until he can go to school/back home on his own.

I have my own car so I was thinking of just giving him lifts and I'd be on time
wow having to wait 20 minutes made him cry? lol I remember the days I was a kid and sometimes waited up to an hour for my lazy bum of a dad to turn up
Original post by Ten-Ten
That can’t be the reason why he was crying

It is

Quick Reply

Latest