The Student Room Group

Is Cass/Bayes BSc Finance good for investment banking?

I'm looking to go into IB/ finance in general and I would like to know if this is a good school for IB. Is it better than York, Sheffield and Lancaster? I'd appreciate your comments.

Scroll to see replies

Anyone?
chill, normally takes around a day for a few useful answers
Cass does alright in IB recruiting for some reason, easily better than the other unis you mentioned.
cass/bayes is @ the backend of the semi-targets vs. non-targets you mentioned
(edited 2 years ago)
Bayes (formerly known as Cass) is one of the top business schools in the UK. This is backed by multiple ranking criteria which can be found here nicely summarized:

https://www.bayes.city.ac.uk/about/our-rankings

The rest is a matter of personal choice.
Original post by ppapanastasiou
Bayes (formerly known as Cass) is one of the top business schools in the UK. This is backed by multiple ranking criteria which can be found here nicely summarized:

https://www.bayes.city.ac.uk/about/our-rankings

The rest is a matter of personal choice.

I chose not to apply to it.
Original post by Throwaway48
I chose not to apply to it.

ok fair enough. May I asked where you applied?
ok fair enough. May I asked where you applied?

I'll PM you.
I'll PM you.

I am curious to know too, can you PM me aswell?
Original post by Danielrosenbay
I am curious to know too, can you PM me aswell?

You want to know? Why do you want to know?
You want to know? Why do you want to know?

Deciding what uni's to apply to in London. I want to study Finance and would like to go for IB after graduating.
Deciding what uni's to apply to in London. I want to study Finance and would like to go for IB after graduating.

LSE, UCL and ICL are targets for IB. KCL is a semi-target. I'm applying outside of London.
LSE, UCL and ICL are targets for IB. KCL is a semi-target. I'm applying outside of London.

I am applying to LSE, UCL, ICL and KCL already but I still can apply to one more, and I would like to be in London, that is why I thought of Bayes/Cass. Any other good one in London I could think about?
I am applying to LSE, UCL, ICL and KCL already but I still can apply to one more, and I would like to be in London, that is why I thought of Bayes/Cass. Any other good one in London I could think about?

Bayes should be fine. Can also look at QMUL (a non-target with decent placement). I would definitely consider going outside of London instead though. Bath, Durham, Nottingham, Warwick all have great A+F courses.

What are you applying for?
Original post by leviticus.
What are you applying for?

Finance!
For Finance related subjects based in London good choices are London Business School (LBS), London School of Economics (LSE), University College London (UCL), Imperial College London (IC) and City, University of London (Bayes Business School).

All these institutions are colleges of the university of London (UoL) except Imperial College London which left the UoL in 2007.

All of these institutions enjoy a very good reputation and perform highly on research and entry criteria rankings.
For Finance related subjects based in London good choices are London Business School (LBS), London School of Economics (LSE), University College London (UCL), Imperial College London (IC) and City, University of London (Bayes Business School).

All these institutions are colleges of the university of London (UoL) except Imperial College London which left the UoL in 2007.

All of these institutions enjoy a very good reputation and perform highly on research and entry criteria rankings.

LBS is to do with graduates. LSE, UCL and Warwick are being considered by the applicant. City is good but more so at the graduate level. They are trying to go into banking.
Finance!

Imperial doesn’t do finance undergrad. It’s a STEM school

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending