Covid Vaccine - Is it worth having it?

Watch
-j dawg-
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I've actually had this question in my head for a while now.

I don't want the Vaccine. And I mean it.
Before you say anything, No i don't scroll through websites online about how bad it is. I just don't want it.

Yes I am afraid of needles but thats not the point of me not wanting it, i'm just not into it.

The other thing is that yesterday my family were discussing about me getting the vaccine, it it was offered to me. I kindly told them "No I don't want it". They didn't like that, hence getting mad. They said "Well, we'll force you to have it, and we mean it. You will have it whether you like it or not". And starting shouting on how they will force me, and sign me up for a vaccine, even without my knowledge.

I have tried being reasonal about it. But should I get it, if i'm offered it?

(sorry for it being long and not making sense-)

thanks!
stay safe
Bye!
Anonymous #2
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by hrtpjm)
you're being selfish if you won't have it just bc you don't want to,, what abt the vulnerable ppl who desperately want to have it but can't ?? stop being a wimp and just get it ://
I don't think you'll ever understand. You're last comment is completely ineffective in persuading them to get the vaccine. Seriously?
hungrysalamander
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
In my opinion the benefits of the vaccine far outweighs any risk in side effects
Anonymous #2
Report 4 days ago
they asked for an opinion and i'm giving it to them -- they ARE being selfish and they need to get over themselves for the good of others
I get what you mean but calling them selfish isn't going to do much. It's just flat out rude.
Vapordave
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
You're entitled to your opinion but I don't think apathy is a good reason to actively not want it.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 days ago
Your parents should not force you to get it, that's out of order. Do it when you feel like it, if you feel like it that is.
-j dawg-
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Your parents should not force you to get it, that's out of order. Do it when you feel like it, if you feel like it that is.
Well thanks. I will think about it.
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by -j dawg-)

Before you say anything, No i don't scroll through websites online about how bad it is. I just don't want it.

Yes I am afraid of needles but thats not the point of me not wanting it, i'm just not into it.

The other thing is that yesterday my family were discussing about me getting the vaccine, it it was offered to me. I kindly told them "No I don't want it". They didn't like that, hence getting mad. They said "Well, we'll force you to have it, and we mean it. You will have it whether you like it or not". And starting shouting on how they will force me, and sign me up for a vaccine, even without my knowledge.

thanks!
stay safe
Bye!
How old are you?
Do you have any vulnerable relatives or friends?
Last edited by RogerOxon; 4 days ago
-j dawg-
Rep:
?
I have just turned 15.
-j dawg-
Rep:
?
(Original post by RogerOxon)
How old are you?
Do you have any vulnerable relatives or friends?
Well, I live with my Grandma, but she has had the 2 vaccines, and she has had covid.
-j dawg-
Rep:
?
only replying to the opinions you want to hear makes it obvious you aren't actually looking for advice you just want validation to justify how stupid you're being
I am actually not being stupid here. Nobody can be forced to have the vaccine if they don't want it.

And, I am actually looking for other peoples opinions on it.
hrtpjm
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I am actually not being stupid here. Nobody can be forced to have the vaccine if they don't want it.

you're right nobody can force you but it's best for the good of society if as many ppl as possible are vaccinated,, just do not understand why you wouldn't get it ?? it's quick and fairly painless and it could save lives
Anonymous #3
Report 4 days ago

thanks!
stay safe
Bye!
I'd recommend getting it I'd much rather have the side effects than COVID it's not a bad injection I didn't even feel it and I hate needles. as the patent it is your choice as long as your seen as competent you can refuse and they can't force you to have it but the recommendation from he NHS and the like is to have it.
Anonymous #4
Report 4 days ago
I had a relative die of Covid and know 2 people with really bad 'long covid'. The vaccine reduces the risk of those outcomes - to the person being vaccinated and also to anyone they come into contact with.
PilgrimOfTruth
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago

thanks!
stay safe
Bye!

I completely empathise. This MUST be your own personal choice as it affects YOUR life. No-one imo should force you to take a vaccine or any other medical treatment. You have to give "informed consent" for any such treatment so if you don't want it just say "I do not consent".

It's impossible for anyone here to say what the risks are to you personally both of Covid and of the vaccines. They would need to know a whole bunch of factors like your race, ethnicity, health conditions, allergies and so on.

I also will not be taking the vaccines as I've done my research, dug deep and looked at the actual numbers rather than the scaremongering media reports. This is your life. You have to make your choices whether they are good or bad. That's what life is about, working our own way through the difficulties, obstacles and risks. If we lose our ability to make personal choices then imo we have lost the essence of life.
Last edited by PilgrimOfTruth; 4 days ago
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Well, I live with my Grandma, but she has had the 2 vaccines, and she has had covid.
Assuming that you don't have any underlying health conditions, as far as I'm aware you're at low risk of serious issues if you do catch COVID. Your Grandma could still catch it again, even being vaccincated, with a higher risk of serious illness, or death. The medical professionals recommend that you get vaccinated - that is the best-informed opinion, IMO.

Then there's the practical issues - not being vaccinated may limit your activities. It's your call though. Just be aware that there may be consequences if you decide not to be vaccinated.
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 4 days ago
if you're that worried that your parents would force you to be vaccinated and you don't want it i would make an appointment with your GP and tell them your concerns, ask them what your options are cuz you can indeed go see your GP without your parents at 15. certainly if you're mature enough to make this decision for yourself you're defo mature enough to go to the GP?
Talon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago

I think you should have it as at the end of the day, in my opinion the risks from covid are greater than the risks of having the vaccine, and more people being vaccinated is better for society as a whole. It is your choice though. No one is going to vaccinate you if you tell the person with the needle that you don't want it.
Gaddafi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
you're being selfish if you won't have it just bc you don't want to,, what abt the vulnerable ppl who desperately want to have it but can't ?? stop being a wimp and just get it ://
As Margaret Thatcher famously said: " there is no such thing as society."

She has every right to be selfish. The individual has no obligation to put the interests of society above their individual interests. Now whether or not it is in her individual interests is ultimately for her to conclude.

This is coming from someone who is vaccinated btw.
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by PilgrimOfTruth)
It's impossible for anyone here to say what the risks are to you personally both of Covid and of the vaccines. They would need to know a whole bunch of factors like your race, ethnicity, health conditions, allergies and so on.
Agreed. The medical consensus is clear though - get vaccinated.
(Original post by PilgrimOfTruth)
I also will not be taking the vaccines as I've done my research, dug deep and looked at the actual numbers rather than the scaremongering media reports.
From my discussion with you, IMO, you do not understand the statistics. You cherry-pick some that you use to calculate results that are different from numbers in the same document. Medical professionals have looked at the same data, and reached a consensus that disagrees with your opinion. Why do you think that is? (Hint: It's not a conspiracy)
Last edited by RogerOxon; 4 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
2.56%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
14.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (13)
16.67%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.54%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
37.18%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.95%

Watched Threads